Surnames: Nekolny, Sak, Zofka, Safarik
I am looking for my ancestors from the following areas:

CIZKOV, STRASICE, SKORICE, PLSEN.

Thank you.

Re: Ancestors-NEKOLNY, SAK, ZOFKA, SAFARIK

Posted: 28 Jan 2012 6:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi,

Parish registers of Plzen and Cizov are online in actapublica.
Parish registers of Strasice and Skorice are not online and it is possible to search in them in Archives in Plzen town.

All the best.
Tony.

Posted: 31 Jan 2012 1:04AM GMT
It would be benefical for you to name the people you seek along with dates of birth. Any added data is helpful for a researcher.
Jean

Posted: 3 Apr 2012 3:13PM GMT
my great uncle married Katerina Safarik in Obora,
The record of that marriage

wife Katerina Šafařík, daughter of the deceased Vojtech Safarik, miner in Obora house #33 [and] of deceased mother Mary nee Smial[?], a shepherd's daughter of Borek house #9, born in Darova, former[?] domain Plasy, district [__?] and province Kralovice, Pilsen Region.

The record can be found at this website
http://actapublica.eu/matriky/plzen/prohlizec/6624/?strana=2...

Posted: 30 Nov 2012 5:39PM GMT
I am descended from a marriage between a Kolar and Zofka in Cleveland ca. 1887. I know Kolar came from a town called Strakonice in Bohemia (Czech Republic). Figured I would post as your towns bear resemblance to mine.

Her maiden name was Zofka (Zofkova). Her parents were probably John and Barbara Grejcarek, but an Elzbieta Zofka (1830-1905) lived with them. I believe she might be a step mother. I believe Mary came over in 1885. She would have been about 18. There was a Zofka family in Cleveland ca. 1890-1910 who lived within a quarter mile from the house my family settled in. Might be related, maybe an uncle.

Hope this helps in some way.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions