Search for content in message boards

Brooks

Posted: 29 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Jul 2004 4:33AM GMT
Surnames: Brooks, Hemenway, Fischer, Fisher, Snape, Wilga, Weeks
I am looking for Nathan Brooks Died September 2, 1894 in Northampton, Hampshire County. His parents were William Brooks of Huntington, Mass. and Martha Weeks of Chesterfield, Mass. Also need information on Nathan E. Brooks married a Fidelia Smith. Also looking for information on Nathan B. Brooks, Nathan who married a Maria Hemenway.

Hemenway - Her parents are listed a William Hemenway of Northampton,Hampshire County and Mary Smith born in Northampton. William was born in 1803. Maria died in Northampton August 11, 1925.

Looking for information on the name Snape in Northampton, Hampshire County, Mass. They lived on Burts Pitt Road. William Snape and Walter Snape and their kin.

Hemenway, Snape

Posted: 30 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jul 2001 2:17PM GMT
Surnames: Hemenway, Snape
Jean Hemenway lives in Williamsburg, Hampshire Co.,Mass. Have you tried contacting her re: Hemenway. Jean is elderly, but sharp as a tack. She lives on the Hemenway farm in Williamsburg. If anyone knows anything about local Hemenways, it would be her.
The Snapes were the next families heading up Burts Pit Road from my grandparent Diemands' farms. Edward and Sidney still live there. I delivered papers to the Snapes as a kid. They spread out onto Florence Road (next cross street), but I don't think any of them are still there.
Contact me off list and I'll give you the addresses and phone numbers.

Hemenway, Snape

Posted: 27 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jul 2001 2:17PM GMT
Surnames: Hemenway, Snape
All addresses are Hampshire County
Jean Hemenway, Hemenway Road Wlliamsburg MA 01096
Edward Snape, 289 Burts Pit Rd Northampton MA 01062
Sidney Snape, 399 Burts Pit Rd Northampton MA 01062

Brooks

Cheryl Farris (View posts)
Posted: 27 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Brooks, Hemenway, Snape
Yes, I would love to have the addresses for the research in Hampshire County. Thanks for all your help.

Re: Brooks

Posted: 25 Apr 2005 8:48PM GMT
Surnames: Snape
You mentioned a walter and william Snape of Burtts pitt road Northampton mass. I have found out that they are relatives of mine I have some infomation on them if you are still looking.
yours Paula.
Posted: 24 Jan 2006 4:13PM GMT
Nathan E. Brooks was my great great great great grandfather!

Nathan E. Brooks - born Jan. 3, 1813 in N'hampton ,Ma. Married June 12, 1844 to a Fidelia Smith.

Fidelia Smith- born soetime in 1818. Died Aug. 30, 1866

Nathan Barber Brooks--son of Nathan E. Brooks and Fidelia Smith.

Nathan B. Brooks- born April 21, 1845. in N'hampton, MA. Married Maria Hemenway on Jan. 9, 1868. Nathan died on Aug. 18, 1907 in N'hampton, MA.

Maria Hemenway- born on Oct. 16, 1846 in N'hampton, MA. She died on Aug. 25, 1925 in N'hampton, MA.

Children: 1. Frank Nathan Brooks 2. Robert Barber Brooks 3. Edith Maria Brooks 4. Fred L. Brooks 5. Nathan A. Brooks 6. Allie Belle Brooks ( who married a Snape) 7. William A. Brooks (who married Anne May Munks) 8. Charles Avery Brooks(who married Mary Elizabeth)

Any other questions feel free to email me!!!

|Paula (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 2006 10:54PM GMT
My greatgrandmother was Jane Snape sister of William Who livedin Brents Pitt Road Mass
alsohis son walter who married Albi and they had three children

Posted: 27 Jan 2006 5:15AM GMT
Surnames: Brooks - Snape
Thank you for the information. Can you tell me anything about William and Jane's parents. I have no idea on them, except William was born in England and so was his wife Mary Ann Littlewood. William is my great great Grandfather. It's funny because my mother's sister is called Jane. I never knew where the name came from. Walter's wife was Allie Brooks. There three children were Carlton my grandfather, Dorothy and Edward. My mother was Carlton's daughter and her name was Dorothy. Would love any more info you have.
Thanks.

Paula (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jan 2006 5:51PM GMT
Hello Cheryl,
George and Mary Snape lived at Hill Bridge in Sheffield.
George was born in 1822 Sheffield aand Mary was born in Tarporley Cheshire.They both died on the 12th march 1864 in the Sheffield Flood They had three children William (your great great grandfather) Jane (my great grandma) and George. My Grandmother had pictures of a man called Howard Lye who I think was her nephew.
I have quiet a bit of infomation about George and Mary also Jane and George if you would like this. Please send me your E Mail address and I will forward it on
Regards Paula

Posted: 28 Jan 2006 3:10AM GMT
Dear Paula,
Howard Lye was married to Emily Snape which is William's daughter. There daughter lives in New Hampshire. My e-mail address is farris2@ix.netcom.com

Sincerely,

Cheryl

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions