Search for content in message boards

Frederic G. Crofutt

Frederic G. Crofutt

Posted: 8 Aug 2007 2:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Crofutt
Searching for the cemetery in Burlington Twp, Bradford, Pa where Frederic Crofutt and Philena (Clinton) Crofutt are buried

Re: Frederic G. Crofutt

Posted: 20 Nov 2007 3:53PM GMT
Can't help you with the cemetery. Sorry, but do you have any information on his wife Philena?

Posted: 23 Nov 2007 9:19PM GMT
I have nothing else on Philena (Clinton/Campbell) Crofutt, execpt that she and George Clinton are not enumerated with the rest of the family in Burlington, Bradford, Pa in the 1850 census. Any ideas where she may have been?

Posted: 24 Nov 2007 5:06PM GMT
Philena seems to have died c 1646, when George goes to live with the family of Thomas and Ruth Card (looks like Carl in the Census), where he (look for Geo Crofut) still is during the 1850 Census Leroy, Bradford, PA.

When I looked at the census data recently I had thought the enumerator had messed up the initials and that George was the "L" Crofut age 6, and that James was the missing one. However I guess if you make the children 2 years younger and use their middle names it comes out ok. You're query made me go back and look.

I have had no luck finding any of the family in the 1860 census. George could be in Canandaigua NY. Have you been able to find them?

Posted: 25 Nov 2007 3:47PM GMT
I have checked the 1860 Canandiagua, NY census several times and did not find George. I saw George in the 1850 Leroy census living with Thomas and Ruth Case, as you pointed out. Wonder if there is a relationship of some kind to Philena?

Posted: 25 Nov 2007 10:54PM GMT
I'm sending you an e-mail

Posted: 26 Nov 2007 4:42PM GMT
Could this be Fredric George Crofutt? Enumerated 25 Jul 1860, Cherry Flatts, Sullivan Twp, Tioga Co, Pa. Pg 3, lines 20 thru 23:
Elias Cleaveland, 31, M, Farmer, $1600, $200, Vermont
Fred Crofoot 53, M, " "
Jane Crofoot 28, F, Servant, $100, " "
Harriet Crofoot 10, F, PA

Posted: 27 Nov 2007 12:29PM GMT
For anyone else reading these posts. Yes I believe that this must be Frederick despite the fact that it says he was born in Vermont.

Posted: 12 Jan 2009 6:55AM GMT
Frederic George Crofutt (1806) was the son of Josiah Crofutt (1769) the son of Josiah Crofutt (1730) the son of Josiah Crofutt (1696) the son of James Crowfoot/Crofoot (1666/1669) son of Joseph Crowfoot (1630) who immigrated to Massachusetts from Cornwall, England.

He was the father of George Clinton Crofutt (1844) father of Addison Brigham Crofutt (1883) father of Arthur Melvin Crofutt Sr (1921)father of me, Kenneth Eugene Crofutt (1947)

Posted: 7 Jun 2009 1:54AM GMT
I just realized that your (Kenneth Eugene's) tree upward from Frederic George Crowfoot said that Joseph Crowfoot (1630) emigrated from Cornwall. I had previously seen records saying that he was from Tarvin, in Cheshire. Can you provide details? I am looking for ancestors to a William Crowfoot who appeared in London in 1796 and know only that he was born in England, not Surrey (from a later census). Can't find a connection with the abundant Crowfoots in Norfolk and Suffolk.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic