Search for content in message boards

Photo: Harry, Nora and Edith Rowley

Photo: Harry, Nora and Edith Rowley

Posted: 16 Nov 2004 12:52AM GMT
Classification: Query
In an antique store in Columbus OH, I found an old cabinet card photo with the following written on it:

Uncle Harry Rowley
Aunt Nora Rowley
Edith Rowley

Could this be John Harry Rowley, Mary Elnora Parsons and their daughter Edith Rowley of Jackson Co WV? There's no location listed on the photo and this is the only family that I can find that almost matches.

Joecan

Re: Photo: Harry, Nora and Edith Rowley

Posted: 17 Nov 2004 6:42PM GMT
Edited: 14 Aug 2005 11:08PM GMT
Joe Cannon: I received your request from a cousin in Portsmouth Ohio asking me if I were still working my genealogy. I am, but the picture was either not sent or she could not forward to me. I am the son of Mabel Elizabeth Rowley sister to Edith and daughter to John Harry and Mary Elnora Parsons Rowley (Nora). I would of course be able to answer your question if you could e-mail me the picture. Edith lived in Arlington, Va from the time she was 18 yrs old until she retired after 33 yrs service in the White House as the social secretary. Edith served under 5 presidents prior to retirement due to cancer and soon thereafter died of cancer.
Hoyt Rowley Edith's brother lived for years in Columbus and worked for the city and it could be Edith and her parents were there visiting or another son Ralph Rowley who lived in jacksontown, Ohio
Keith Weekley

Posted: 20 Nov 2004 10:25PM GMT
Hi. I emailed a scan on the 18th. Did you get it?

Joecan

Posted: 21 Nov 2004 2:31AM GMT
Edited: 14 Aug 2005 11:08PM GMT
Surnames: rowley
Yes I received it today. perfect and yes this is John Harry and Mary Elnora (Nora)Parsons Rowley.

I've e-mailed you with a little bit of data to view.

Thanks
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions