Search for content in message boards

Frances Betts & John Miller

Frances Betts & John Miller

Posted: 24 Oct 2006 4:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Betts Moore Miller
Looking for information on family of Frances Betts born about 1837 in Dublin, Ireland. She was the daughter of Thomas Betts and Elizabeth Moore. She married John Miller 15 Feb 1860 in Dublin. This is all the information I have for her. Any information on her children or parents would be greatly appriciated

Re: Frances Betts & John Miller

Posted: 20 Jan 2013 3:09AM GMT
Surnames: Betts
thomas betts & elizabeth moore were my great great grandparents. their son, rev. george c. betts had a son, herbert keble betts (actor & lay preacher)who was my grandfather. herbert married amelia jane losee' (actress). their daughter, violet amelia married claude plank of catskill, ny. violet was the only child. theatrical posters of herbert are on the web. do you know the name of elizabeth moore's mother? she was either daughter or granddaughter of lady elizabeth leigh of stoneleigh abbey, kenilworth, warwickshire, england. elizabeth moore was born on isle of guernsey 1811. france's siblings: thomas henry (11/30/1834),george charles betts (7/18/1840), william payne (1844), annie i
(1847), eden (1848), elizabeth ida (1/11/1849). thomas h. died 7/3/1978 rulo, nebraska; elizabeth moore betts d. 6/11/1892 plattsmouth, nebraska; thomas henry d. 7/9/1899 atlantic city, nj; frances married 2/15/1860 dublin; george c. betts d. 11/30/1901 goshen, ny while preparing for sermon at st. james episcopal church; eden d. 6/10/1865 ireland.

Re: Frances Betts & John Miller

Posted: 22 Jan 2013 1:50AM GMT
Here's what looks like the baptism of Frances Betts (irishgenealogy.ie):

Area - DUBLIN (COI) , Parish/Church/Congregation - ST. MATTHEW
Baptism of FRANCES BETTS of IRISHTOWN on 18 March 1838

Name FRANCES BETTS
Date of Birth 2 December 1832
Address IRISHTOWN
Father THOMAS BETTS
Mother ELIZA
Father Occupation SCHOOL MASTER

There are also baptisms on the site for siblings of Frances. Her marriage to John Miller is also there, + lots of other Betts records who seem to be related in some way.

Happy hunting!
Colette
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions