Search for content in message boards

Solomon Prewitt/Pruitt/Pruet 1742

Solomon Prewitt/Pruitt/Pruet 1742

Posted: 5 Aug 2012 3:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Solomon born 1742 in Va, is my 4th greatgrandfather. His son, solomon b. 1801 had Andrew Jackson born 1846 brother to solomon b. 1845. Andrew had Abbigail born 1878, married a Cain/Cane had (1896) Fannie B. Cain who married Brance Thompson (1892) They had Estes (1935) who had me. I am tryig to find Solomon(1742)'s parents, any clues? I have pictures of Abbigail. If you have any pics I would greatly appreciate any thing!

Re: Solomon Prewitt/Pruitt/Pruet 1742

Posted: 27 Apr 2013 8:40PM GMT
I too am descended from Solomon Prewitt b 1742. Would be interested in sharing information. No one knows who Solomon's parents were or exactly where he was born. I think the Northern Neck or Maryland but haven't been able to confirm this. DNA does not connect him with any of the known Prewitt/Pruitt families. Contact me mardinecampbell@gmail.com

Posted: 13 May 2013 11:40PM GMT
Brance Thompson and Fannie Bell Cain had 10 children. Brance's father was Jessie Frank Thompson and is buried in Clay county Tn. Jessie frank's father was William "Bill" Thompson I am told he is also burrien in Clay County. I have never heard of Solomon. Brance Thompson was my grandfather and died in 1969, his wife Fannie died in 1978, both are buried in The Bailey cementary in Tompkinsville Ky.

Posted: 17 May 2013 12:16AM GMT
Hi, my father Estes is a son of Brance Thompson, they had 12 one died 9 months after birth. The Pruitt side comes from Fannie Cain Thompson's mother Abigail Pruitt who is the daughter of Andrew Jackson Pruitt who is the son of Solomon Pruitt the second who is the son of Solomon Pruitt the first born 1742 in Virginia . My parents own the farm where most of the kids were born. This makes us cousins. I'm julie Estes oldest daughter. Who are you?:)

Posted: 17 May 2013 3:44PM GMT
I was reared there until I was 19. Jess Frank and Dudless were my parents.There were 8 of us raised up there. Some very good memories on that old ridge. I was actually down there this morning with my brother Danny, I had not been there in over a year, one of the quietest places in the county,we sat on the porch for a while. As I was leaving I saw a snake next to yhe cellar, but I expected nothing less. My name is Jerry Frank an I live in Tompkinsville. I remember you when you were a baby. When the post said Solomon, I was thinking Thompson. I asked my brother James and he did not recognized, he was thinking Thompson also, Pruitt does ring a bell. Pruitt is also a sur-name on my momma side of the family.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions