Search for content in message boards

Garveys and Morris' of Seneca Twp

Edward Garvey

Lisa Merglewski (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Garvey, Morris
Yes, thankyou. Edward is Robert's son and my Great Great Grandmother's brother. Any idea where I can obtain a copy of the book you referenced?
Edited: 8 Jul 2001 5:32PM GMT
Surnames: Garvey, Mahoney
I have abstracted obituary data for Edward Garvey of Seneca. Perhaps he is related to your Robert Garvey. The obituary says that Edward Garvey died Dec. 12, 1902 in Seneca and that he was born Mar. 4, 1839 in County Down, Ireland. He moved to Wisconsin in 1854 and joined with a brother, Thomas, to establish a mercantile business. He married Miss Mahoney of Seneca in 1875 and fathered 4 boys and 2 girls. The wife died in 1893. This information was recently published in "Genealogical Gleanings From Early Newspapers for Residents In and Near Crawford County, Wisconsin, 1897-1902." There are many citations in the book on the Garvey family. Hope this is useful.

Garveys and Morris' of Seneca Twp

Lisa Merglewski (View posts)
I am looking for anyone descended from Robert Garvey/Susan Mcgee Garvey of Seneca Twp, Crawford County, who may know what part of Ireland the Garvey's emigrated from. Also, anyone who may know the roots of Robert Morris Jr, Chairman of Seneca Twp in 1885 who married Bridget Garvey.

Re: Edward Garvey

Posted: 19 Jun 2002 4:42PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jul 2002 5:48PM GMT
I have an Emma Messling who married Ed Garvey before 1910 in Prairie du Chien. I don't have anything on the Garvey's, but I was wondering if Ed, born abt. 1870, shows up in your lineage. Emma is my great grandmother's sister's daughter, but I don't know of Emma and Ed's children. He was about 20 years older than she. Do they connect with yours? I do have history on Emma's mother's family, Strenz.

Re: Garveys and Morris' of Seneca Twp

Posted: 11 May 2012 11:05AM GMT
Surnames: morris, garvey
I am too.

Posted: 12 May 2012 3:20AM GMT
"Robert Garvey, a prominent merchant of Seneca, settled with his family on section 34, town 9, range 5 west, in June, 1855, where he pre-empted a farm of government land. Mr. Garvey was a native of county Down, Ireland. He emigrated to the United States with his family in 1853, locating first on a farm in Grant Co., Wis., near Bloomington, where he resided until coming here. He married Susan Magee. Mr. Garvey died in 1872. Mrs. Garvey died in 1876. Mr. Garvey's sons are among the well known business men and farmers of Seneca town. Mr. and Mrs. Garvey had nine children, seven of whom are living --- Christopher, Patrick, Peter, Frances, Edward, Bridget, wife of Robert Morris, of this town, and Thomas." http://usgenweb.info/wicrawford/books/chap35.htm

Posted: 31 Aug 2012 7:46PM GMT
I have information on the Robert Garvey descendants and descendants of his brother James. I have a private Garvey tree online at ancestry.com. If you are a relative, I can share information with you.

Posted: 31 Aug 2012 8:00PM GMT
I have information on the Robert Garvey descendants and descendants of his brother James. I have a private Garvey tree online at ancestry.com. If you are a relative, I can share information with you.

Posted: 20 Feb 2013 5:15AM GMT
Robert Garvey was my great great grandfather, born in 1804 County Down.

Re: Garveys and Morris' of Seneca Twp related to McLaughlin

Posted: 22 Oct 2014 1:14PM GMT
Edited: 23 Oct 2014 1:43PM GMT
Hello,

Susan Garvey (parents are Margaret Leary and Francis Garvey) married my great-great uncle John Lawrence McLaughlin. John and Susan were both born in Seneca and then moved the the Twin Cities.

If anyone has information on Susan and John's family, I would appreciate the assistance. I believe they have three children, Lucile, Lawrence and John Gregory.

Thanks!

per page

Find a board about a specific topic