Search for content in message boards

ROSENKRANS/Neils Iversen

ROSENKRANS/Neils Iversen

Jacquelyn Erhard Bean (View posts)
Posted: 20 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Erhard, Mays, Miller
Looking for info regarding Neils Iversen, Knight--adopted the name Rosenkrans when given a "wreath of roses by the Pope" in 1125. This family believed to have originated in Norway, but branched out to Denmark, Holland and Switzerland. Would like to be able to trace Neils Iversen Rosenkrans to the Rosenkrans' that later came to America. Am also specifically looking for the direct ancestry of Alzada Rosenkrans who married James Ralph Miller (both believed to have been from either Pennsylvania or New York, USA) and had a farm in the Clearfield County area of Pennsylvania. Anyone with any info regarding this (these) families, please don't hesitate to write. Thanks in advance for your assistance...

Erickson, Lief

Janet Williams (View posts)
Posted: 24 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Erickson, Eryrck, Ericke, Erick, Heyrick, Herricke, Herrick
I had a response from my post of these names to check your site out as your Rosenkrans is rumored to be connected with Lief Erickson. My ancestry goes back to Lief Erickson but I am not sure about how or when. My Herrick settled in Beverly, Mass. USA. The other names are from Leicester in England. I am descended from the Herrick line, my Mother was a Herrick. I have gone back to English ancestry and am now looking further back.
Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Janet Williams
POBox 215
Rensselaer Falls, N.Y. 13680

Leif Erickson ancestry line

Charlotte (View posts)
Posted: 10 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Erickson
I'm interested in Lief Erickson's ancestry. Do you have any info on his family that stayed in Norway? Thanks for any help you can offer.

Norway Relatives

Posted: 13 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jul 2001 12:04PM GMT
Surnames: Egeland, Tobiassen, Gundersdatter, Gundersen, Borufsdatter, Andaersdatter, Gabrielsen
Relatives lived in(Eigeland) Sor-Audnedal Vest Agder Norway. Some left in early 1900's for the United States. While others stayed in Norway. I have this information on one relative that stayed on farm,in a book "Norges Bebyggselse" there is a picture of a house, under the picture it reads: "Eir Elizabeth Egeland, f.18/5-1896 i Sor-Audnedal, Foreldre Jensine og Boruf, T.E." Elizabeth (Betty) died in Norway in 1977. Elizabeth was my greatgrandfathers sister. His name was Tobias B., he was born in 1882, besides Elizabeth he had another sister named Theodora and two brothers, Gunnar B., born 1887, and Johan Bernt or Brent, born 1892. My great grandfather married a woman named Benda or Brenda Borresen or Borroson, she was born in 1881, possibly in Snig or Mandal,they were married in 1902, they had eleven children. Two born in Norway the rest in the United States.Benda had a sister, her married name was Hildur Hasdahl. Would like to hear from anyone that can help.

Re: Norway Relatives

amanda geer (View posts)
Posted: 30 Dec 2001 10:47PM GMT
Surnames: oslon burreson olsen
My mother's grandmother was supposedly Ann Burreson b. 4-2-1889 in Norway she married Adolph Olson in 1908 in North Dakota and they had a son Marvin Marion Olson (my mom's dad) and a bro Elmer? and sister Mable? Please email me if you and I are on the same track. Thanks Amanda Geer (Idaho)

Re: Leif Erickson ancestry line

Posted: 28 Dec 2010 6:52AM GMT
hello, i know that i hace the blood of leif erickson in me. i was wandering if you knew how important it is that his liniage is still around?? i myself know nothing more than stories told by my great grand father and my great great grand father. please email me back my email is blake.lee21@yahoo.com. thank you.

Re: Leif Erickson ancestry line

Posted: 16 Sep 2011 10:20PM GMT
I don't know the exacts but im one of his descendants. search for connections between him and the name lervik(lerwick)

Re: Erickson, Lief

Posted: 2 Feb 2014 3:57AM GMT
Hi Janet,

I would like to know more about The Erickson Family. I would like to know if there is a connection. My name is Gregory Thomas Herrick, Great Grandson of Frederick Thomas Herrick of Olmsted, Minnesota.

Thank You
Gregory
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions