Search for content in message boards

SCHNEIDER, Salome>Alsace, Fr.

SCHNEIDER, Salome>Alsace, Fr.

Ron Diebold (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jun 2000 1:43PM GMT
Looking for info re: Salome SCHNEIDER (b. Oct, 1838) from Alsace, France. Born to the union of John Jacob SCHNEIDER (1806-1872) and Anna Maria MUGLER (1812-1875). She emigrated to Indiana/KY area where she married Peter Balthazar WOERTZ (1830-?).

Nicholas Schneider

Constance (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jul 2000 3:35PM GMT
Do you know if any relation to Nicholas? He was my GG Grandfather from Alsace. He was born in 1826 and left about 1844 entering thru the Port of New Orleans. Don't know of family in Alsace, ship, etc.

Schneider Family

V. Prather (View posts)
Posted: 2 Aug 2000 4:56AM GMT
Ron,

Recently I have just finished viewing the LDS microfilm of births of children in Schwabwiller, Bas-Rhin (Alsace), France covering the years 1825-1862 and I have come across at least 6 Schneider couples who have had children during those years. I do have a Salome Schneider in the info I have taken down who was born Feb. 6, 1838 in Schwabwiller, but unfortunately her parents do not match those of your Salome.

I have also come across at least 4 couples with the surname Diebolt who had children in that town during those years. Perhaps the Schneiders of this town are related to your Salome. You might try searching records of nearby towns. I am not researching the Schneider or Diebolt surnames in particular, but I'd be glad to provide the information I have on those families of Schwabwiller if interested. Please write me at vlp24@juno.com Good luck in your search!

Nicholas Schneider

Constance (View posts)
Posted: 5 Aug 2000 10:04PM GMT
When I typed the message, I had the birth year wrong-instead of 1826--should have been 1836. Any listing for him?

I would appreciate knowing the ones you have.

Thank you very much!

Schneider Family

Vicki Prather (View posts)
Posted: 6 Aug 2000 5:40PM GMT
Constance,

Thank you for your reply. I'd be glad to provide you with the information I have on the Schneiders of Schwabwiller, Bas-Rhin (Alsace), France. Let me know your e-mail address and I'll send the info. If you'd prefer, you can write me directly at vlp24@juno.com Thanks!

Mugler Family

Stephen Kent Ehat (View posts)
Posted: 6 Feb 2001 9:11PM GMT
Dear Ron,

In your posting dated June 21, 2000, you stated that you are "looking for info re: Salome SCHNEIDER (b. Oct, 1838) from Alsace, France, born to the union of John Jacob SCHNEIDER (1806-1872) and Anna Maria MUGLER (1812-1875). She emigrated to Indiana/KY area where she married Peter Balthazar WOERTZ (1830-?)."

I cannot tell you about Salome without doing some research in the records, but my fourth cousin, four generations removed is named Anne Marie MUGLER and her birthdate was 14 Aug 1812 in Pfaffenhoffen, Bas Rhin, France. (Most all the Muglers came from Diemeringen, Pfaffenhoffen, Dettwiller, and little towns in that area, all in the Alsace Lorraine area of France; I've researched it back in time; my common ancestors with Anne Marie MUGLER are my seventh great granparents, Jean Pierre MUGLER (who was born in Struth, Bas Rhin, France on 25 Apr 1643) and his wife Odile ZUPP (whom he married in about 1666).
I do note from FamilySearch.org that the marriage Anne Marie MUGLER to "Jean Jacques SCHNEIDER" is recorded as having occurred on 12 Oct 1837 in Dettwiller, Bas-Rhin, France. I was not the one who submitted that information on that marriage so if you delve into that research some more perhaps that will lead you to more helpful information.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Steve.

Response to Stephen Kent Ehat: Mugler Research

Ron Diebold (View posts)
Posted: 7 Feb 2001 6:02PM GMT
Hi Steve,
Thanks for responding to my posting. I have been able to extend my Mugler line back a couple of generations since the time of initial query. Please note the following:
1. Jean Georges Mugler, b: Dec 26, 1736, Waldhambach, Bas-Rhin
+Marie Catherine Moritz, b: May 8, 1740 Pfaffenhoffen, Bas-Rhin
2. Jean Leonard Mugler, b: Mar 21, 1779 Pfaffenhoffen, Bas-Rhin
+Ann Marie Walch, b: unknown, d. unknown
3. Anne Marie Mugler, b: Aug 4, 1812 Pfaffenhoffen, Bas-Rhin. d: Feb 23, 1875 Harrison County, Indiana.

Please email: RDBOLD@aol.com with additional history on Mugler family. Clearly, you have compiled an incredible genealogy (dating back to Switzerland?). I would welcome information, connecting lines, etc. Incidentally, I have history on Moritz line dating back to 1500's if this is data you are interested in.
Regards,
Ron Diebold
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions