Search for content in message boards

The Bells in the USA and Allied Families-Book

The Bells in the USA and Allied Families-Book

Posted: 4 Apr 2002 5:15PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Jan 2006 12:31PM GMT
Does anyone have this book or know where I can get it?

Re: The Bells in the USA and Allied Families-Book

Posted: 16 Aug 2004 7:12AM GMT
Janice, I came across your query from 2 yrs. ago about this book. I have a copy of THE BELLS IN U.S.A. AND ALLIED FAMILIES 1650-1977 by Getha Gina BELL if you are still in need of any info from it. I realize it has been more than 2 yrs. since your request and you may no longer have need of it. BELL is my married name and I have been working on this line and many others for several years now!

Posted: 16 Aug 2004 10:51AM GMT
Edited: 28 Jan 2006 12:31PM GMT
Frankie

My grandmother was a Bell. I'm looking for any information about the Bell's of Orange Co., King and Queen Co., Va.

Roger Bell b. abt. 1680 d. bef. 1756 m. ?
Children: Roger, Mary, and maybe John and a few more.
Roger b. abt. 1705 d. 1774 m. Elizabeth ?
Mary m. Edward Smith

Any help would be greatly appreciated./ I have workrd on this family for years.

I just returned from Ireland. I was researching my husbands family and found that the name Bell was from Northern Ireland, though I do think the Bell's came from England.

Janice

Carolyn (View posts)
Posted: 17 Aug 2004 5:28PM GMT
Surnames: BELL
Frankie, I saw your message and I have been researching the Bell name also. Mine are from Illinois. Do you have any information on John Jackson Bell from Monticello IL?
Thank You Carolyn

Posted: 19 Aug 2004 6:40PM GMT
Frankie, my Bell family came to Pittsburgh PA from County Down Ireland in the 1870's. John Dominic Bell, my ggrandfather, was a Pittsburgh dentist in the 1880's, and later moved to Gloucester County VA. I found them in the 1880 census and later. Any more info on them in your Bells Book? Thanks. Frank

Posted: 13 May 2006 4:21PM GMT
Surnames: Bell, Graves, Howard
I don't know if you are still looking for info on this book, but I have a copy of a book titled
"Roberts, Bell, and Allied Familes" by Kathrine Roberts Dial.

It has a lot of information on the Bell families from South Carolina, Mississippi and Arkansas and Oklahoma

Landon Olson

Posted: 13 May 2006 8:48PM GMT
Edited: 18 Nov 2006 1:57PM GMT
Hello, and thanks. I'm looking for a Roger Bell b. abt. 1672 or any of his children: Mary, John, Henry and Roger.

Janice

Posted: 14 May 2006 4:04AM GMT
Well, I looked through the book and I can not find any information a Roger Bell b. abt. 1672, The book only goes back to about the mid 1700's.

Sorry I could not help...

Landon Olson

Barbara Boyd (View posts)
Posted: 18 May 2006 9:42PM GMT
I have been looking for infro on my great-grandfather, W.W. Bell. According to the Arkansas Census in 1880 he was born in Alabama in 1836-1840. He was in Arkansas in 1870. He married M.A. Ring on April 17, 1870. Marriage licenses states he was living in Jackson or Johnson County Arkansas when he married in Independence Co Arkansas. Is there any infromation in the book you have. {The Bells in the USA and Allied Families}. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My e-mail is barbboyd@bigrivertel.net.

margaret reed (View posts)
Posted: 7 Sep 2006 4:45AM GMT
saw you message on the book that might have some information on my ggrandfather, albert martin bell,1839 wilkerson county miss. that is as far back as i can find anything on him, if you can help me please let me know at
mar318@jam.rr.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic