Genealogy

Genealogy

Posted: 15 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Jan 2003 1:11AM GMT
Surnames: Myers, Wheeler, Grey, Hendrick
Researching Myers/Grey- Grieve/Grey - Myers/Wheeler -
Hendrick/Grieve. Tilbury from 1861. Charlotte Wheeler
remarried - looking for second marriage.

Myers/Grieve

Posted: 16 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 16 Jan 2003 1:11AM GMT
Yes, my Charlotte Wheeler was married to John Grieve.
Isabella married Leonard Hendricks and their daughter Charlotte Alzorah Hendricks married John Cornelius Myers.
My Great Grandfather and Grandmother. They had three daughters one being Vida Myers, my Grandmother. John and Charlotte divorced and she remarried (this is one of the thing I am looking for).
From this it looks like we relate through Mark and Isabella. Cousins of some sort.
Beth Chordash also fits into the family. She has a notice on as well.
Tressie

Myers/Grieve

Posted: 16 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 9 Jan 2002 6:37PM GMT
Surnames: Myers, Grieve, Raymond, Edwards
Was your Charlotte Wheeler married to John Grieve?
Did they have children named Hugh, Mark, Thomas, Isabella?
Mark Grieve married an Isabella. Their children were Charles Norman, Mary Ann Elizabeth, James, and about 4 other children.
Charles Norman Grieve married Lucinda(Annie)Edwards. One of their children, Margaret Elizabeth Grieve b 1900 most likely in Tilbury d 1987 in Wallaccceburg, married Frederick Charles Myers. These are my husband's grandparents.
I have very little information on the Grieve family. It is possible though that we are connected in some way.

Coreen

Re: Myers/Grieve

Posted: 27 Jan 2003 12:55AM GMT
Edited: 21 Apr 2003 3:47AM GMT
Isabella Grieve married my G grand father Leonard Hendricks, as far i know they had least two children Alzorah an Walter. Walter Hendricks had four children ,Mable, Ross,Steart Roy.If have any more impro. please let me know .

Posted: 27 Jan 2003 1:55AM GMT
Edited: 18 Jul 2004 7:59PM GMT
Surnames: Myers. Grieve, Hendricks
Hello Viola. My G. Grandfather John Myers married Charlotte Alzorah Hendricks. They separated some time after 1890. I do not know what happened to Alzorah. She apparently had two more daughters. This is our mystery. I have the Grieve family history and have Leonard Hendricks father as James Hendricks, b. ? and his mother as Usana Howard, born ? Do you have anything further on this family?
John Myers father was John Myers Sr. He died before 1871 and his wife Margaret Gray Myers married Thomas Grieves, brother of Isabella Grieves. John Jr. moved West after 1901 and married again. In the 1906 Census for Alberta he is living close to the Moe family, from Tilbury area as well.

roy hayes (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jan 2003 3:40AM GMT
Hi im Roy Hendricks grandson my mother Viola Hendricks said that my grandfather came from tilberry and crossed the bridge in about 1936-39 and married one MS.Wilson in detroit michigan.

Posted: 14 Feb 2003 5:08AM GMT
Edited: 21 Apr 2003 3:47AM GMT
Check Root Web page two 21 of 40. some one spelled Hendricks wrong they have kendricks. Charlotte a kendriks married in to moe family Viola Hendricks would you have any pictures or impro. your Viola and Jim

Posted: 14 Feb 2003 9:16AM GMT
I can find an Isabella Kendricks married to Mark Grieve. What name do you search to find page two 21 of 40 that you refer to in your previous reply.
I have pictures of the John Cornelius Myers family, namely John and his daughters, Margaret, Mary and Vida (my grandmother) We know that Margaret's daughter visited Michigan and Ontario, stayed with relatives in Michigan. We believe that some of the Grieve family moved to Detroit as well.

jim hayes (View posts)
Posted: 17 Feb 2003 5:53AM GMT
Try Root Web page one of twenty. i found Moe family. thomas grieve married margret gray 1841-2,mark grieve born 1840 he married isabelle kendricks? from NY caroline grieve born1853, she married robert moe in1874. i found a bunch of grieves in michigan one in rogers city mi he is about 80 yrs old he said leanord hendricks had at least two children. charlotte and walter, walter had children mable, ross, roy and steart to find these people tipe in walter grieve, or any one that you know. wourld conn. would you send me some copy of your pictures ill pay for them thanks jim and viola

Re: Grieve Family Search

Posted: 14 Mar 2003 7:38PM GMT
Edited: 30 Mar 2003 5:08PM GMT
Surnames: Grieve
Dear Tressie,
Came across a query of yours and you stated that you are looking for a second marriage of Charlotte Wheeler. Is this the same Charlotte Wheeler that was married to my GGG Grandfather John Grieve? The Charlotte that was married to John Grieve never remarried. I have a photo copy of John's will and she was to be looked after by their one son until her death. John passed away on May 7th, 1885 and Charlotte passed away on March 25th, 1886.
I know that it's been sometime since I've been in touch with you but, now I'm on holidays. I have a bit of time to get caught up on some respones to some of my queries. About 2 years ago, I got a job and have not had much time to work on my family search.
Hope all is well with you and hope that you have been able to keep up with your family search. Hope to keep in touch.
My email address has been changed to: cordas@sympatico.ca

Regards,
Beth Chordash
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions