Search for content in message boards

ALL Taylors in Franklin County

ALL Taylors in Franklin County

Wanda Alter (View posts)
Posted: 6 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Seeking info/descendants on ALL Taylors in Franklin County, VT since 1790.

Have a large Taylor database which includes: the descendants of Giles Taylor & Cynthia Leach (both b. CT) who lived in Fletcher area until 1860s: children: Giles Galusha; Rachel Taylor Chase; Orange; Cordelia Taylor Fulton

Also have info (but seek origins of) John & Hannah Taylor who lived at Fairfax & Fletcher prior John's death in 1845. Children include: Susan Taylor Emery, Hannah, Asa, Cynthia & Sarah.

Interested in any others in this area or hearing from descendants of the above people.

Clarence Fulton

Wanda Alter (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
I have a Clarence Fulton in my data b. 8/13/1851 in Fletcher, VT s/o Robert Nero Fulton and Cordelia Taylor. This Clarence was grd son of the Fletcher murderer Robert Jefferson Fulton. I don't know of a middle name for him but Robert Nero DID have a brother and uncle named Horatio so it is possibly the same one (how certain are you of 1859 date?) This Clarence died in Pierrepont NY aft 1904. He married Alice Rogene Hulbert (1850-1922) and had 4 daughters: Gazelle F. Gibson; Edith F. Matthews, Myriah F. Collins who moved to and married 1921 in Aberdeen, So. Dakota & Alice Arvilla F. Chilton of NY & NJ
Posted: 19 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 3 Jul 2001 5:36PM GMT
Surnames: Fulton
Looking for Fultons who lived in Fletcher, Franklin County, Vermont. Specifically those related to Clarence Horatio Fulton born in 1859. The family may have moved to South Dakota since that is where Clarence married.

Clarence Fulton

Wanda Alter (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Yes it certainly sounds like there is a connection to your Clarence Horatio somehow. The Clarence I mentioned who was son of Robert & Cordelia had a brother Alberto b. 1849 and sister Marie b. 1860.

The father Robert Nero had one only brother Horatio but he died in Chicago, IL (Nov. 1862)while serving in the Civil War at 21. His only child, Lucretia,was b. 3 weeks after his death.

The only other male I know of was Horatio Fulton, UNCLE of Robert Nero. I have no dates on this Horatio but he was said by a contemporary to have "left town under less than favorable circumstances." I have found nothing further on him. His siblings were Robert Nero's father Robert Jefferson Fulton (known as Jeff). They also had a sister who left the family with their mother - the name of neither woman has been determined at this point.

Clarence Fulton

Posted: 20 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 3 Jul 2001 5:36PM GMT
Surnames: Clarence Fulton
I am sure of the date, but he may be connected to your Fulton's somehow. My Clarence married Anna Flatekval from Norway. Some of their Children have names like Robert Alberto Fulton and Maria Cordelia Fulton.

Clarence Fulton

Melody Smith (View posts)
Posted: 4 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Fulton
I found some new information. On my Clarence's Death Certificate it says that his birthday is 13 August 1851 in Hew Hampshire and his father is Robert. When I went through some boxes full of stuff I found a death certificate for a Robert N. Fulton. He died in Goshen NH 17 Oct 1906, but was born in Fletcher, Franklin, VT 25 Mar 1828. His father was Solomon Fulton and mother Sarah Thompson. Does this fit at all with your family history?

Thanks-Melody

Clarence

Wanda Alter (View posts)
Posted: 5 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
It fits exactly. All I know is that Clarence died after 1904. Can you give me more on him and his descendants? I am tracing descendants of John Taylor, Clarence's great grandfather.

Info. on Taylor

Posted: 21 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 Aug 2001 2:03AM GMT
Surnames: Taylor
All Taylors in Franklin County. I am a descendant of Giles S. Taylor. I would like to get any information that you might have, or have you at least point me in the right direction. I also want to get more information on Jennie Esther (Meacham) Taylor. Dau. of Elijah and Mary (Goodno) Meacham.

Re: ALL Taylors in Franklin County

Janet Crousee (View posts)
Posted: 23 Dec 2001 12:25AM GMT
Wanda,
I talked to you yesturday on the Taylor Research, I have more information for you. I talked to my mother-in-law and she told me that Silas and Jane were 1/2 brother and sisters. So Ella may have been a Armstrong that married a Taylor. Do you have information like marriages or deaths records of Franklin Co. I don't know if they would have been married there, but maybe that's where Ella was married before. Don't know. Just thought I would relay this on to you. Also the ages of John and Ann have me puzzled. Could these be the grandparents? I don't think these would be their children, alittle old don't you think? Anyway let me know what you think. You can e-mail me at janetcr@neb-sandhills.net.

Re: Clarence Fulton

Posted: 18 Jan 2003 5:19PM GMT
Melody - I am sure this is the correct family. Clarence father's name was Robert Nero Fulton, a brother named Alberto, a sister named Maria, and his mother's name was Cordelia! And they are all from Fletcher, VT. Fletcher is a very small town so I believe we have struck gold! Robert and Cordelia Taylor Fulton lived in Fletcher for some time, but moved to Nashua, NH and then to Goshen, NH. Robert died in Goshen in 1906. Their one daughter, Nora, died in 1913 from stomach cancer. My great-grandmother died in 1902 from consumption. She and my great-grandfather had three children and we believe that he passed away when my grandfather, Robert Marion, was only 8 years old. He was the oldest of the three children. I do not have a death date for Cordelia. I know that she and Robert signed the family farm in Goshen, NH over to Nora and it was sold in 1913 as the debts were greater than the value. I am still attempting to track her down. However, I think she may have moved to Massachusetts.

The above email address is my work address. However, you can also reach me at cathitaylor@netscape.net. Hope to hear from you soon.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions