Search for content in message boards

jose de la cruz chavez

jose de la cruz chavez

james allen bailey (View posts)
Posted: 5 May 2002 2:06AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: chavez
i'm the great-great grand son of jose de la cruz chavez and loretta chavez. i'm looking for any and all info on them.

Re: jose de la cruz chavez

Judy Dowell (View posts)
Posted: 5 May 2002 3:58AM GMT
Surnames: CHAVEZ, Solorio, Suniga, Powers
I my grandmother's maiden name was Loretta Mary Chavez. Her father was Hipolito Chavez. She was born in Mexico in 1891. Is there a connection here?

Posted: 2 Jun 2002 5:02PM GMT
Surnames: Chavez
i am looking for info on Maria de la cruz Chavez also Cruz Chavez around 1900`s Las Cruces, New Mexico and El Paso Texas, let me know if you run into any info.
Thanks, Ramona

Posted: 5 Jul 2002 7:23AM GMT
Edited: 22 Dec 2002 12:47AM GMT
Do you know what area Jose de la Cruz Chavez was from? Can you estimate approximately when he was born?

Looking for "Anthony Chavez"

Posted: 5 Jul 2002 10:15PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Edited: 11 Jan 2003 3:48AM GMT
I,m an adoptee looking for any info on my birth father. His name is Anthony Chavez. He was a merchant marine in the 40,s. He would probably be in his late 70,s or mid 80,s. If any one has any info at all please I would forever be grateful. I have run into one dead end after another. Thank you, Sincerely, Penny Parker

Re: Looking for "Anthony Chavez"

Posted: 6 Jul 2002 12:33AM GMT
Does Anthony have anything to do with Jose de la Cruz Chavez?

If you would like to find out more about your birth father, it may be wiser to do a "new subject" post. If you know your birth mother's name, where they met, where you were born, posting that information would help jog someone's memory. Were you able to find his military records? In those records should be his full name and his parents names. There are so many Anthonys and Antonios that it would make your head spin. My family has a few, but none that I know to be in their 80s. Good luck and please post more information to go by.

I have a Jose de la Cruz Chavez marriage listing for 1853.

New post> Birth father search,Chavez

Posted: 6 Jul 2002 12:59AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Edited: 11 Jan 2003 3:48AM GMT
Thank you Clarissa, I have put all that info into several message boards,adoptees and birthparent search boards,ETC. I am new to this board but will give as much as I know. My birth mother is Marion Whittier back in the 40,s,that was her maiden name. She was Marion Allison when she meant Anthony. All she told me is he was from the south,I,m not sure if it was south america or not. He was in the states in the 1940s and joined the Merchant Marines. She knew him for a short time and told me his name and this little info. She is very elderly now and says she doesn,t remember much. I was born in Augusta,Maine in 1947. I was taken into state custody when I was 4 wks old. My birth mother and sister found me when I was 44 yrs old. Up to that time I knew nothing at all about my birth family and since then I,ve meant my sister and 3 brothers and my mother. I try to visit when I can,since their in Fla. and Oklahoma and I,m in Maine makes it very hard to spend time together as we all wish. Please can someone help me. I will continue to post my info into as many groups and search engines as I can. Again thank you and write me anytime. Sincerely, Penny Parker

Re: New post> Birth father search,Chavez

Posted: 6 Jul 2002 1:17AM GMT
That is still a big can of worms, especially from Maine. Did your mom meet him in Maine? Did he live there for a while? I think the best way to go is try to track down his military records, or his SS#. He could be from NYC, Cuba,Puerto Rico, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, California, or Mexico, just to name a few. And there are a lot of Chavezs in Mexico besides the Southwest. At this stage, tracking down his military records and SS# is going to be your best route to accurate information. If he has past on, those records may be more readily available. Good luck.

Posted: 6 Jul 2002 7:50AM GMT
The only one I found is on page 123 in the MARRIAGES From The DIOCESE OF GALLUP, NEW MEXICO: 1777 to 1922, HGRC.

Jan 12 1853. Jose de la Cruz CHAVEZ, res of Sabinal, the 21 y/o unmarried s/o Jose Chavez and Maria de Jesus Varela, married Maria Josefa ABEITA, res not given, the 12 y/o unmarried d/o Andres Abeita and Agustina Silva. Wit: None given. Test: None given. Off: Rafael Chavez, Nuestra Senora de Los Dolores. Roll 9, Page 38, Frame 3.

And yes, they married them off young, and it seems Fray Rafael didn't seem to bat an eye about it.

This is the only Jose de la Cruz Chavez I found in the recently published Gallup Records. HGRC did not include all the parishes of the Gallup Diocese in these records though. They are to publish Gallup Diocese baptisms sometime in the next year or so. Remember, during your research, priests spelled everything in many ways. A lot in Spanish, some in Latin, and some in English, so much spelled phonetically. Above isn't really a translation, but an account of the information written down by the priest.
There is by all chance your Jose de la Cruz could have used a shortened name or been somewhere else. Knowing more about his wife, his children's baptisms, his parents, and when he lived would be a good start. If this is your Jose de la Cruz, let me know. Baptisms hold the best information, which I don't have on this Jose de la Cruz.

james allen meinert (View posts)
Posted: 20 Nov 2003 3:48AM GMT
Surnames: chavez
my g-g-grandfather jose de la cruz chavez wife's name was loretta chavez. their daughters name was soledad chavez. her husband my g-grandfather names is jesus sedillo.
if you have any information to add please let know.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic