Search for content in message boards

PETER JOSEPH AND KATHERINA (BOLLIG) FAUST OF WI

PETER JOSEPH AND KATHERINA (BOLLIG) FAUST OF WI

Posted: 2 Feb 2006 4:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: FAUST OR BOLLIG
I AM LOOKING FOR INFORMATION ON PETER JOSEPH FAUST WHO MARRIED KATHERINA BOLLIG AND LIVED IN DANE COUNTY WISCONSIN. I AM LOOKING FOR BIRTH AND DEATH DATES AND ANY INFORMATION ON CHILDREN THEY MAY HAVE HAD.

Re: PETER JOSEPH AND KATHERINA (BOLLIG) FAUST OF WI

Greg Faust (View posts)
Posted: 19 Sep 2006 1:49AM GMT
Edited: 20 Sep 2006 5:58PM GMT
Surnames: Faust, Bollig, Lutzen
Katherine(a) Bollig is the daughter of Bernard Bollig & Anna Faust. Anna Faust is the daughter of Joseph S Faust & Anna Marie Lutzen. Anna Faust's brother John Joseph Faust is my Gr Gr Grandfather. Bernard & Anna were married in Cross Plains, Wi on 7/6/1860.

Anna Maria DOB: 1836 - DOD: 3/10/1896 in Pierz, Morrison County, MN. Bernard DOB: 1830 - DOD: 1920 in MN

Not sure which family Peter Joseph belonged to. However, I am going to Cross Plains this weekend to research this family. If you would like, I can trace this further for you. In any event, I have a great deal of info on the Fausts in Cross Plains & Morrison County, MN if you are interested.

I do not have info re: children of Katherine(a) & Peter Joseph. It is likely they were married and/or are buried at St Joseph Catholic Church in Pierz. Church records & the church cemetery could easily confirm this.

Re: PETER JOSEPH AND KATHERINA (BOLLIG) FAUST OF WI

Posted: 13 Jan 2010 4:30PM GMT
Peter Joseph Faust born 21 Nov 1875 Cross Plains WI is the son of Joseph C. Faust (1848-1924) and Susie Schneider (1854-1885). Joseph C. Faust is the oldest son of John Faust (born Kierberg Germany 1825 d. Pierz, Morrison Co MN 1905). John Faust (b 1825) is the son of Joseph Faust (THERE IS NO S IN HIS NAME!) and Anna Maria Lutzen Faust. John Faust was originally married in Germany to Christina KALSCHEUR. She died in Germany and is the mother of Joseph C. Faust. After she died, John Faust married Anna Maria Deutsch and they came to America in 1854.

Katharina Bollig was born 14 May 1875 in Dane Co WI and died 5 June 1923 in Cross Plains, Dane Co WI. She is the daughter of Bernard Bollig (abt 1832-26 Feb 1920) and Anna Maria Faust (13 Aug 1836 - 10 Mar 1896). Anna Maria Faust is the daughter of Joseph Faust and Anna Maria Lutzen. Bernard Bollig came to America on the same ship as John Faust (with his young son Joseph C. Faust!).

Peter Joseph Faust and Katharina Bollig are first cousins once removed.

Regarding their marriage, below is what I have in my notes. Genealogy is sometimes not tidy and several researchers have tried to pin it down, so take what you can from this:

MARRIAGE(1): Katie BOLLIG and Peter FAUST, Little Falls, Morrison Co, Minnesota, Record Book H, #37. Application date: 17 Dec 1904, returned: Jan 10, 1905. NOTE: on Peter's second marriage record from Dane co, it said he was married 4 Jan 1904, which could be 1905 and the actual day was Jan 4.
MARRIAGE (2): Peter Faust and Anna Zimmerman. 21 Nov 1923. Dane Co Clerk of Court #30-303. Peter Faust, Cross Plains, 48, 2nd marriage, b. WI American, farmer, s/o Joseph Faust & Susan Schneider, previously married to Katharine Bollig 4 Jan 1904, died 5 Jan 1923. Anna Zimmerman, Cross Plains, 41, 2nd mar, b. WI American, occup: Housekeeper, d/o Adam Hofen & Anna Schneider (Schroeder?), prev. married 10 Sept 1907 to Frank (?) Zimmerman, died 5 Feb 1923. Married by Joseph Faust. [Joseph Faust was a Catholic Priest, son of Joseph C. Faust]. WIT: Nick Ripp and Helena Ripp.
Peter Faust married Catherine Bollig, the daughter of Bernard John BOLLIG and Anna Maria FAUST (known as Mary Faust). There is some dispute as to when and where they got married.
From family records in Wisconsin I have 1908 and married in Wisconsin. A Faust descendant (now deceased) said they were 33 when they got married -- that would indeed make 1908 the correct date.
However, I found a marriage record for Katie BOLLIG and Peter FAUST in Little Falls that had a return date of 10 Jan 1905 - so that must be the correct date.

CHILDREN:
(1) Joseph Bernard Faust b 13 Aug 1906 Dodgville Dane Co WI, died in 1934 in a motorcycle accident. Here are my notes for him: BIRTH record: The date 11 Aug 1909 given to me by relatives may be a typo because his younger brother was born in 1909, so he can't be born then.
Guess that this is his birth: Joseph B Faust born 13 Aug 1906, Dane Co, reel 0044, rec 000130.
Joseph Faust had a motorcycle accident in about 1924 and he was never the same after that. He died about 10 years after the accident but he had never healed properly; he had gangreen and such. His widow married his brother Peter Faust Jr. Joseph B. was first married to Eva Pettrick, no children. Then he married Gertrude Tousley.

(2) Peter Joseph Faust born (private) in Cross Plains Dane Co WI. m Gertrude Tousley (his brother's widow). Gertrude was born (private) in Colesburg Iowa (from family informant). I met them in 1996, they were still on the home farm.

(3) Bernard Peter Faust born 1914 Cross Plains, died 1994 Oregon, WI. married to Lucy Utzig, now deceased.

Joseph B FAUST and Iva PETRICH

Posted: 10 Oct 2012 6:09AM GMT
Surnames: FAUST, PETRICH
"Joseph B. was first married to Eva Pettrick, no children"

I was excited to stumble on this post. Until today I hadn't found anything on this couple.
Iva was one of my aunts. She was the 4th of the 14 children born to my grandparents, Herman and Ida (GAULKE) PETRICH. She was born June 05, 1912 in the Town of Eldorado. She married Joseph in January 1930 against her parents wishes. She was only 17 at the time. She died on Nov.12, 1930, after a brief illness according to Wisconsin State Journal (Madison, Wisconsin) Thursday, November 13, 1930. I was told that she was buried in her parents'-in-law plot. My mother thought Iva had died giving birth (along with the child). But she was only 8 when Iva died, so who knows?

Re: Joseph B FAUST and Iva PETRICH

Posted: 17 Oct 2012 2:45PM GMT
Surnames: Faust, Petrick
I was told Eva/Iva Petrick Faust died in childbirth. That is what I wrote down from a conversation I had with the widow (Lucy) of Joseph Faust's brother Bernard Faust in 1996. I also met Gertrude (Tousley), Joseph's second spouse, the one who married the brother Peter J Faust. They were living on the Faust home place in Cross Plains WI. I do not have a burial place for Joseph B. Faust and Iva/Eva. I have burial records from St. Francis Xavier Cath church in Cross Plains where most of the Fausts are buried and they don't appear to be there. Perhaps Find-A-Grave has something? I haven't worked on this for a long time. Bev

Re: Joseph B FAUST and Iva PETRICH

Posted: 19 Oct 2012 3:02AM GMT
Surnames: PETRICH
I had already tried Find-a-Grave. Nothing. Mom once showed me what she thought was the cemetery, but didn't know exactly where the grave was. She said the grave was unmarked. I can no longer ask my Mom about which cemetery it was as she died several years ago.
There is one sibling remaining, however she was only a year old when Aunt Iva died. But I will call and ask what if anything she may have heard as she was growing up.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions