Search for content in message boards

Jefferson Woodworking Company

Jefferson Woodworking Company

Posted: 22 Jul 2003 1:29AM GMT
Classification: Query
Can anyone in the Jefferson Co. Kentucky tell me the history of the Jefferson Woodworking Co. I have searched high and low and can't find anything. When all else failed I thought I would come to my genealogy websites to get it from the folks who would know.

Thanks for you time,
jgfollett

Re: Jefferson Woodworking Company

karen (View posts)
Posted: 19 Aug 2003 12:39AM GMT
i am hunting for info also. I have a dining room set from this company and am trying to find the age or time it was made. is this the reason for your search as well?

frank (View posts)
Posted: 1 Sep 2003 1:33AM GMT
Karen:
I to have a dining room set with a Jefferson Woodworking Co.table slide. I think it was made in 1930's. It looks like company is out of business. Let me know if you find something.
Frank

Posted: 1 Sep 2003 7:05PM GMT
Yes, am looking for information about this company. I have a dining room set with buffet and am trying to find info on it. It was left to me and I have no idea about it. I do know that some of the high end furniture makers in North Carolina and Virginia used to contract out some of their work to smaller companies because of the quality of workmanship these small companies produced.

I don't know about the two of you but I just love my set, it adds so much beauty and warmth to a room.

Frank (View posts)
Posted: 1 Sep 2003 11:38PM GMT
Thanks for your reply. I have a complete 4 piece dining room set with 5 chairs. Except for the table slide I do not know who manufactured the set. It is made of mahogany. We have a dining room that enables us to show it off and use it regularly.
Keep me informed of any more info,

Pam (View posts)
Posted: 10 Sep 2003 6:54PM GMT
I also have a table that I would like more information on. I am trying to locate the dining chairs to go with it.

I would love to see photos of your tables.

Jennifer (View posts)
Posted: 13 Sep 2003 9:31PM GMT
I also have a 10 piece diningroom set from Jefferson wood working company. Did anyone find out any info on this company. I was told my set is from 1929....do not know if it was a reliable source.

Posted: 13 Sep 2003 11:09PM GMT
Hey Jennifer,

Seems you have the most information. Most of us just know that our set was made by Jefferson.

It would be nice to know who Jefferson made these sets for, since most major high-end furniture companies contracted the labor out.

If anyone finds out any info please post

Bill (View posts)
Posted: 21 Sep 2003 8:00PM GMT
I also have a table but I need to know how to open it to add leaves to it. I am afraidd to force it, and am unsure what has to be opened underneath, The table is round and 40 inches in diameter, can anyone who has a set give me help? Thanks in advance. Bill

Kate Curry (View posts)
Posted: 12 Oct 2003 4:42PM GMT
We found a Jefferson EZ Slide table on the curb in our neighborhood. I have no idea when it was made or what it is worth. It is a very pretty table. Unfortunately the leaf is missing. If anyone finds out more information, please let me know as well!
-Kate
per page

Find a board about a specific topic