Search for content in message boards

KELNHOFER (ALOYSIUS)

KELNHOFER (ALOYSIUS)

Posted: 8 Mar 2007 8:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Sep 2008 10:24PM GMT
Surnames: KELNHOFER
Hello,
We are searching for info on a gt grandfather named Alois/Aloysius Kelnhofer.We know he died in Renville county,Mn. at the age of 35 in Jan of 1894 of Lung fever.His 3 yr old daughter Mary died the month before of Croup.His wife was Theresia Schoenberger [maiden] Kelnhofer and he had anther daughter Gertrude,who became a nun/Sister Ositha yrs later and a son John Joseph Kelnhofer who was noted on 1920 census as a woodsman in Marathon ,wi..His death cert.says his father was Frank Kelnhofer and mother was Barbara but many of the spellings are wrong on both his and his daughters cert as they spoke German.His mothers maiden name is unreadable.We know many of Kelnhofers came from this county and wanted to know if they had any onfo on this family.Any help would be WONDERFUL.
best regards,
Tam Morkwed

Re: KELNHOFER (ALOYSIUS)

Posted: 7 Sep 2008 10:26PM GMT
Classification: Census
Surnames: Kelnhofer
Did you see this posting?
http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.wis...

You need to piece those clues together.

WI Marriages -
Aloysius Kelnhofer 10 Jul 1873 Brown 03 0102
Theresia Dremel 10 Jul 1873 Brown 03 0102

You need to start your search in the last KNOWN location, which is Minnesota.
Minnesota Territorial and State Censuses, 1849-1905 has 24 KELNHOFERs

1900 Census
Hastings, Dakota, MN - Barbara Kelnhofer Feb 1827 Germany White Head; Barbara Kelnhofer May 1861 MN White Daughter

Posted: 8 Sep 2008 3:14AM GMT
Wrong Aloysius, but thanks!!

Posted: 5 Aug 2009 4:22AM GMT
Hi Tam,

I believe I have the right Alois for you...
In the 1900 census of Norfolk, Renville Co, MN is the family of August Fernkes and his second wife Theresia. The family contains his children from his first marriage, her two children from her first marriage (Gertrude, b 1888 and John b 1893 Kelnhofer) and their two children from this marriage (Theresia and Julia).

As you know, Gertrude later bacame a nun. John is still with August and Theresia in the 1910 census, but in 1920 he is with the US Army in Fort Bliss, Texas. He returned to Minnesota after serving in WWI and was buried at Fort Snelling National Cemetery in Minneapolis after his death in 1969.

I don't have any information on Alois, although I have an immigration record that could be him based on the age you give.

Posted: 5 Aug 2009 4:51AM GMT
hello,
You are 100% correct.

Then we found Alois in Fairfax, mn buried, he died very young. any data you have I know my sister inlaw and her mother would be grateful to have.
best regards, Tam

Posted: 5 Aug 2009 4:55AM GMT
Could this be Alois? Phonetic spelling on the last name... about right date... and there is an Alois Kelnhofer who applied for naturalization from Nicolet county.
Minnesota Territorial and State Censuses, 1849-1905
about Alois Keelnver
Name: Alois Keelnver
Census Date: 1 May 1885
County: Nicollet
Locality: Ridgely
Birth Location: Holland
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1860
Race: White
Roll: MNSC_34

Minnesota Naturalization Records Index, 1854-1957
about Alois Kelnhofer
Name: Alois Kelnhofer
County: Nicolet
Reel: 2
Code: 3
Volume: C
Page: 308

Posted: 5 Aug 2009 4:57AM GMT
Surnames: kelnhofer
And here's the ships passenger list that is a possible based on age. Not much to go by on this, but you never know...
Attachments:

Posted: 5 Aug 2009 12:02PM GMT
I think they told me he is from Germany but know nothing else we do not have parents or location on him from where he came at all. We only know he is the husband of Theresia and his father of his kids.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions