Search for content in message boards

John Graham of Fermanagh

John Graham of Fermanagh

Posted: 1 Jul 2012 1:10AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am seeking information about my great grandfather John Graham of Fermanagh. Several years ago there was some discussion about Graham's of Fermanagh which was generally helpful but I still don't know about him. He was born about 1844 and migrated to Australia in the 1860s.he married Rebecca Graham also from Fermanagh but she died in childbirth in1875. Her son John robert died in 1876.Then he married my greatt grandmother nancy Barratt at Mitchell Is Manning River NSW in 1878.Does anyone know about him ?any information will be much appreciated.

Re: John Graham of Fermanagh

Posted: 19 Aug 2012 2:23AM GMT
In 1862 there were 38 John Graham's in Fermanagh as head of household's. A total of 231 in Fermanagh. She could possibly be a cousin that marrying a cousin was quite common and she may have gone out to NSW for that purpose.

Griffith Valuation 1862 Fermanagh is used as a census substitute.

Anything before 1864 in Ireland is a parish record. There is one online birth and marriage website but it is a not for profit, fee paying website. About 1844 might raise quite a few John Graham's but worth a look. I would look to his children's boys names for clues to his father's name. It probably is John but not always.

If RC you might find on www.familysearch.org going to the first page, scroll down to UK-Ireland and then Historial records-Ireland birth 1630-1881 and then enter name and county and best year and see what turns up. Looks like lots of John Graham's and this is where the names of his children would help you find a likely candidate.

Annette Code

Re: John Graham of Fermanagh

Posted: 16 Apr 2013 11:12PM GMT
Plenty of John Grahams in Fermanagh. Can you add anything else to identify him? Many of the OZ shipping lists carried details of home parishes and also parents. Did you locate him on the shipping lists? Also death certificates can contain details of parents.

Bob Graham
Please reply to
bobgraham@talktalk.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic