Search for content in message boards

Georgia, Illinois, Arkansas Allens

Georgia, Illinois, Arkansas Allens

Diane Linn Allen (View posts)
Posted: 16 Oct 2000 12:57PM GMT
Looking for family information paternal side.
Does anyone have any info on Sylvester Allen B.1860 in IL married to Zadee Arnee also from IL. Sylvester's Father was Zechariah B. 1838 in Savannah GA married to Mary James B. 4/6/1843. My Grandfather Millard B.5/19/1907 in Ozark, Franklin, AR married Clara Mae Weems, B. 8/13/1912 Rotan, TX. Sylvester's children were: Jim,Idis, Dorse, Nell, Millard and Eulis. Any info at al would be appreciated.

ROSA L ALLEN

Posted: 26 Oct 2000 8:23PM GMT
Edited: 12 Sep 2001 1:52PM GMT
ROSA ALLEN WAS BORN IN JAMESTOWN,AR. ON 7/11/1889. SHE DIED IN OKC ON 05/26/61. sHE WAS MARRIED TO OSCAR GARLAND SHROPSHIRE, IN THE MARRIAGE INFO OF THE LDS, IT SAYS HE WAS MARRIED TO LILLIE ALLEN. eVIDENCE SUGGESTS THAT SHE WAS THE SAME PERSON AS ROSA. i HAVE NO INFORMATION ON HER PARENTS. DOES THIS MATCH WITH ANYTHING YOU MIGHT HAVE??

ARKANSAS, ALLEN'S

DIANE L. ALLEN (View posts)
Posted: 27 Oct 2000 9:59AM GMT
NO, BUT THEN I HAVE VERY LITTLE INFORMATION AT ALL. WHAT I POSTED IS JUST ABOUT ALL i KNOW.
DIANE

name correction for above

Diane Allen (View posts)
Posted: 12 Dec 2000 11:00AM GMT
Ggrandmother'ss name was spelled Arney (I'm) almost positive.

Re: Georgia, Illinois, Arkansas Allens

Posted: 8 Apr 2002 1:38AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi, Iam Dorse's grandaughter and his son was Theron allen and I am Doris Allen

Re: name correction for above

Posted: 8 Apr 2002 1:42AM GMT
Hi Diane, my name is Doris Allen , Dorse was my grandfather

Posted: 10 Nov 2011 10:09PM GMT
Surnames: Allen
Jim, Idis, Dorse, Nell, Millard and Eulis Allen were my grandfather's brothers and sister. Lewis T. was his name. He was born in Vian, Oklahoma but lived in Snyder, Texas until his death. His father Sylvester Allen lived near Waldron, Arkansas - he was run over by a car in Phoenix, AZ while visiting one of his siblings. I don't know the year. I remember Millard and Eulis coming to my grandparents to vist at CHristmas when I was a child. Idis Allen lived near us in SNyder, Texas and I knew him well. There was always a family story that Mary James was Jesse James' cousin and Jesse visited SYlvester and family in Arkansas but Idis told us that story and my father said it was true - course we can't prove any of it now.

Posted: 10 Nov 2011 10:11PM GMT
Hi - I am Lewis T. Allen's granddaughter - Dorse Allen was my great uncle - small world....

Posted: 30 Nov 2012 3:36AM GMT
Surnames: Allen, Pierce
Hello. I also have an ancestor from the Arkansas area where known lineage is Sylvester Allen -spouse unknown, children (at least ) James Burl Allen (my relative), Millard, Dorse (pronounced Doris so I was perplexed about any possible spellings). My mom also remembers Idis and Eulis and that he had a sister that she never met. She also that that Millard had a son they called Sonny.
Are we related?
Pattie

Posted: 4 Feb 2013 7:57PM GMT
My Grandfather Millard always told us that too. According to the Family Bible that is now lost that was the case.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions