Search for content in message boards

Renfro of Missouri

Renfro of Missouri

Posted: 22 Apr 2002 5:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
The Renfro family in Missouri is hard to research and I am wondering if anyone might be able to
help... I have a lot of information on the Peter Renfro in the messages but have been unable to
absolutely link him to my Renfro family. My great grandmother was Nancy Adeline Renfro who
married a Knouse, her parents are listed on her death certificate as John (or possibly James or
Joseph -hard to read)and Sarah Tackett Renfro, both born in Missouri. I do believe that we are
connected to the Peter/Wade Renfro clan because he has a son James C. who is listed in some
legal documents as a cousin of my Nancy A. (Renfro) Knouse. Also Peter has a sister Nancy... I
would appreciate any imput as I cannot get a lead on this family thru census or county records that
I have researched. Thanks and have a blessed day, Linda

Re: Renfro of Missouri

Jim Renfro (View posts)
Posted: 15 May 2002 5:23PM GMT
Linda, I can't remember if I got back to you or not, but the Nancy Renfro I have is Nancy Jane b 1837. If you'll keep in touch, I'll try to root through the junk in my file cabinet and find more. There's such a mess in there and I get sidetracked easy so I may forget. If you don't remind me I may get caught up in my own search and forget to contact you. Let me know as much as you can and I'll tryand match it up with what I have. If I find a connection I'll burn a CD and send it to you. Oops, near forgot, I'll need a snail mail address. Contact me direct. Talk to ya later,

Jim

Posted: 4 Jun 2002 2:22PM GMT
Edited: 1 Dec 2006 6:55PM GMT
I have Peter Renfro/Renfrow b9/27/1825 Grayson Co., KY. He married Mary (Mela/Melvina?) 1845. Their son, Mark, b12/21/1847 in Gasconade Co., MO, married Josephine Atteberry, and d12/29/1930 in Kansas City, Kansas (where I was born, incidently.) Most of my clan is centered in Jasper and Newton counties in MO.

Peter was a son of Moses Renfro and Elizabeth (Betsy) and did indeed have a sister, Nancy E. Renfro, b10/13/1840, died June 1859. Moses goes back to Peter Renfro, Jr. and Mary McIlroy in VA and TN. Peter, Jr. goes back to "Old Peter" of VA and TN who was a brother of William b1702, my ancestor.

I have a Wade Pierce Renfo, bSept. 1855 in Grayson Co., KY. This Wade was a son of Albert Alfred Renfro and Nancy Pierce. Albert was a son of John Thomas Renfro and Susannah Creek. John Thomas was a son of Peter Renfro, Jr. and a brother of Moses married to (Betsy.) Is this the Wade you refer to?

I do have more info and a photo of Moses if you're interested. Contact me by email.

Angie Mohn (View posts)
Posted: 27 Sep 2002 6:17AM GMT
Surnames: Renfro, Rentfro, Queener, Wyatt
Much of my clan of Renfro/Rentfro's lives near or around Jasper, Newton Co, MO. I'm the direct decendant of John N Renfro Born in abt 1819 in KY, who married a Mary A (unkown) born abt 1817 in TN. The 1850 Perry, Co IL listed them as having three children.
The family moved to AR then on to MO. But for a long time I have hit a dead end as to who John's parents were, anyone else from the same line?

Posted: 28 Sep 2002 2:58PM GMT
Edited: 1 Dec 2006 6:55PM GMT
Sorry, Angie, can't seem to locate your John N. I'll let you know if I happen to come across him

Angie Mohn (View posts)
Posted: 28 Sep 2002 9:26PM GMT
Surnames: Renfro Rentfro Queener
I just found another William Renfro in around the same countys in IL would be around the same age, so I'm at a loss for Williams parents. Trying to go by the the 1880 Census of Newton County, It shows Willliam L Refro age 29 born in IL his parents both from TN Married to a Martha Refro (Queener) age 26 Born in TN has both parents from TN Their Children Columbus Guy Refro age 4 born in AR and James H Refro age 1 born in AR the family is living with William and Nancy Queener. Will have to start again. Thank you Harlen for checking into it.

Karen Larsen (View posts)
Posted: 28 Apr 2006 6:30PM GMT
Surnames: Renfro, Chesnut, Wood, Cheney, Turpin, Hiatt
Harlan R. As with Theresa R. long time no talking to you.
Apologies. My Sarah Ann Renfro m. Abraham Chesnut
lived West Plains, Mo. Her d. Lucy S. Chesnut was my ggmother, b 1874 m. 1892. Are you Mo. Renfros cousins to Sarah? Also I would appreciate photo of Moses and dates of photo if known. Also what Indian blood if any were found in the Renfros? Sarah was said to be French/Scottish/Indian. Please snail mail me any costs and I will be glad to send a check immediately. Thank you, Karen Larsen 321 Wisconsin Avenue, Long Beach, Ca. 90814 (562) 438-0864

Posted: 11 Oct 2008 4:45PM GMT
are you looking for west plains renfrow's

Posted: 14 Feb 2009 1:29AM GMT
Surnames: Renfro and Behymer
I was wondering if you know who Moses was to Isaac who married Charity BEHYMER?

Posted: 14 Feb 2009 1:39AM GMT
I would like to see that Photo of Moses if he is related to Isaac who married Charity Behymer.
Thanl You
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions