Search for content in message boards

Beatice Parsons McMahon

Beatice Parsons McMahon

Posted: 25 Feb 2007 2:04AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Parson, McMahon, Livingston
Does anyone have information on the family of Beatrice Parsons McMahon?
She is listed as living in Sonyea in her father, Frank Page Parsons obituary for his death on April 28, 1927. He died in Stanley, New York. Her mother was Jessie Livingston Parsons Cook. So her mother must have remarried.
I am hoping to be able to find out information on her siblings.

Re: Beatice Parsons McMahon

Posted: 25 Feb 2007 1:32PM GMT
There is a Beatrice McMahon listed on the 1930 census in the town of Groveland, Livingston Co. She & her husband are employees of the Craig Colony Institution. The record reads:
1930; Census Place: Groveland, Livingston, New York; Roll: 1445; Page: 21A
McMahon, Thomas, employee, age 33, married at age 22, b. NY, father b. Irish Free State, mother b. Canada, occ. attendant
- Beatrice, employee, age 29, married at age 19, b. Penn., parents b. Penn., occ. cook
- Thomas, son, age 7, b. NY
- Robert, son, age 5, b. NY
The 1910 census for Westfield, Tioga Co., PA has a Parsons famliy headed by Frank, wife Jessie, with seven children including a Beatrice, age 9. Let me know if you want me to type up this record.
Pat R.

Posted: 25 Feb 2007 2:50PM GMT
That is probably my family.
I have
Frank and Jessie Livingston Parsons having these children:
Clarence Lyzurne (my grandfather) born May 9, 1863 in Columbia Twp., Bradford Co., PA and died April 28, 1927 at Stanley, NY at the home of his son, Chester. His register of death in the Town of Potter, Yates County, NY lists him as being married. But in his obituary there is no mention of his wife, Jessie Livingston. I assume she married a Cook after his death.
Gladys Naomi Parsons born 1908 whose first husband was Lawrence Russell and second husband was Donald Cronk
Lulu May Parsons born February 1, 1891 in Burlington, Bradford Co., PA and died September 17, 1971 in Corning, Steuben Co., NY. She married Joseph P. Collins born July 15, 1887 in Baltimore, MD and died June 6, 1966 in Corning, Steuben Co., NY. They were married August 2, 1909 in Sayre, PA.
Lillian Mable Parsons born 1896
Mildred Ida Parsons born 1898
Beatrice Parsons born 1900
Ardell Parsons born 1903
They also had these children that I have no dates for:
George
Truman
Chester
Sylvia
Myrtle
I would sincerely appreciate any help you can give me. Thge Beatrice you found sounds like she would be about the right age of my Beatrice. She is listed as just being Mrs. Beatrice McMahon in her father's obituary.

Posted: 25 Feb 2007 5:13PM GMT
The 1910 census is below. In 1900 the family had 10 children including the four oldest listed in 1910 plus a dau.Penna, 14, sons Freeman, 14, Chester, 11, dau. Lula, 9 & dau. Viola, 2 months. They were living in Middlebury, Tioga Co., then. On this census Frank gives his mother`s birthplace as NY. On the 1880 census there is a Frank P. Parsons in South Creek, Bradford Co. PA. who is 17, a son of W. A. & Harriet (b. NY) Parsons. Could be your Frank. You can search the 1880 at:
www.familysearch.org
Pat
(not related to this family)

1910; Census Place: Westfield, Tioga, Pennsylvania; Roll: T624_1423; Page: 3B 21st & 23rd April
West main St.
PARSONS, Frank P., head, age 47, married for 26 years, b. Penn., parents b. Penn., occ. baker-bakery
- Jessie, M., wife, age 44, married for 26 years, mother of 13, 12 living, b. Penn., parents b. NY
- Clarence L., age 20, son, occ. laborer-tannery
- Murttie S., dau., age 18, occ. salesladey-bakery
- Lilly M., dau., age 14
- Mildred, dau., age 12
- Beatrice V., dau., age 9
- Ardell C., son, age 7
- Gladys N., age 4
children all born Pennsylvania

Posted: 9 Apr 2007 3:23AM GMT
Thank you!! I sincerely appreciate the informaion that you have given me.
Janice

Posted: 12 Mar 2013 2:08AM GMT
Surnames: Russell
Gladys N Parsons was my grandmother. I am a grandson by her first husband Lawrence Russell. Her son John Russell born on December 14, 1929 is my father. My name is John Russell born December 3, 1954. Gladys's son Lawrence Russell II is my uncle. He died on December 14, 1967. Lawrence Russell II and John Russell are all in the Rochester NY area
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions