Hi Walter, I will gladly share with you what I have on my Ervin(Erwin) family. But first I need to explain a few things about my search. My grandfather Leroy Ervin died when my father also a Leroy Erwin was two, he had very little contact with his fathers family after his death. Most of what I have has been pieced together from census data, old papers my grandmother had and military records. This particular family seemed to be based in Monmouth County and later some in Middlesex. Here is what I have .
Mary (Polly) Irvin abt 1800 and died 1875 buried Tennent Cemetery Monmouth NJ
Husband ? Maybe William Irvin but have not validated that yet.
Children: 1. Schureman Irvin born abt 1827 buried in Old Scots Monmouth NJ...this would be my GG grandfather. Also I have seen his name signed as Henry Schureman Ervin. Married Lydia Marlatt 21, Feb 1864.
2. James H Irvin born abt 1828 buried in Old Scots. believe he married Martha Smith.
3. Mary E Irvin born abt 1835 buried in Old Tennent
4. William Irvin born abt 1834 buried in Old Scots.
Schureman, James and William all served in the Civil War and can be found on the Monmouth Roosters and Veterans Claims.
Schureman and Lydia Ervin children.
1. George Foster Ervin born abt. 1865 Married Emma Matilda Burr 1884 divorced/separated abt 1915-20. These would be my great grandparents. George is buried at Hoffman Hill outside of Englishtown NJ with his girl friend and Emma is buried in Tennent.
2. Rhoda A Ervin
3. Jessie Ervin
George Foster and Emma Ervin children:
1. Laura Ervin born abt 1886 married Frank(Fred) Santelle( maybe spelled Sawtelle)
2. Frank Ervin born abt 1888 married Mary(May) Boyce. I have not validated this yet but I do believe Frank has a second marriage.
3. Henry Lester Ervin abt 1890 married Emmie? and died sometime in the seventies in FL.
4. Mary E. Ervin born abt 1892 married Earl Poinsette.
5. Calvin Ervin born abt 1895 married Julia? died in the seventies in CA
6. LeRoy Ervin born abt 1900 married Helen Faulkner. These are my grandparents. LeRoy died Jan 17, 1929 and is buried next to his father at Hoffman Hill. Helen is buried at Christ Church New Brunswick with the rest of her family
I have all of Leroys service papers from WW 1 and registration forms for Calvin and Henry, who both served in the Army.
Leroy and Helen Erwin children
1. Nancy Faulkner this is Helen's child prior to marriage
2. Leroy Thomas Erwin. this would be my father.
I'm not sure if any of these Ervin's fit in with yours but any information you might have on any of them would be greatly appreciated.