Search for content in message boards

W. L. BRYAN WILLIAM JENNINGS BRYAN

W. L. BRYAN WILLIAM JENNINGS BRYAN

Posted: 31 Mar 2000 4:35PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jun 2002 7:21AM GMT
I just received my great grandfather Guy Curran Bryan's death certificate from Arkansas. He was born September 17, 1883 in San Antonio, Texas, and died January 3, 1916 in Pine Bluff, Arkansas. He was buried in Moscow, Arkansas. He was married to Fannie Leona Hysell. They had two daughters Nellie Maye Bryan, and Guy Francis Bryan. He had a brother named Wallace. His parents were W. L. Bryan born in NC, and Theodosia Curran born in Garettson, Arkansas. The informant on the death certificate is Mrs. Ross Hickman from Lebanon, MO. William Jennings Bryan is suppose to be an uncle.

Susie Whatley
Moore, Oklahoma
papergirl@mmcable.com

relatively speaking

Posted: 6 Apr 2000 5:18PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jul 2002 6:38PM GMT
Susie, WJ Bryan was born in Salem IL in the mid 1800's. Jennings was my great gm's name.
I currently live in TX.

BRYAN FAMILY

JANE EVANS (View posts)
Posted: 10 Apr 2000 3:09PM GMT
HI SUSIE,
MY GGGRANDFATHER, LEWIS (LOUIS) ABRAHAM BRYAN WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THE SON OF JOHN JACKSON BRYAN AND JANE McKAY BRYAN. LEWIS ABRAHAM WAS SUPPOSED TO BE BORN IN ALABAMA. DO YOU HAVE ANY CORROBORATING INFO ON THESE BRYAN'S? I TOO AM SUPPOSED TO BE RELATED TO WILLIAM JENNINGS BRYAN. PLEASE LET ME HEAR FROM YOU. JANE EVANS

Bryan Family

Posted: 10 Apr 2000 4:08PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jun 2002 7:21AM GMT
Hi Jane!
Sorry I wasn't able to find anything on your names. Mine was born in TX, and his father in NC. They later moved to AR. My great grandfather died there, and then my grandmother moved to OK a few years later. My great grandparents were married during the time WJB was in politics so I know what she told us was true.

I joined a Bryan message list, but it doesn't get much activity. We need to get something started on it. Here is the address: BRYAN-L-request@rootsweb.com just send them a blank email to join.

Susie Whatley
papergirl@mmcable.com

NC BRYAN'S

JANE EVANS (View posts)
Posted: 10 Apr 2000 4:34PM GMT
HI SUSIE,
THANKS FOR YOUR PROMPT RESPONSE!! IF YOU SEE ANYTHING ON THEM, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I WILL KEEP YOU IN MIND ALSO. I "THINK" I DO BELONG TO THE BRYAN MAILLIST. I'LL CHECK AND SEE. THANKS AGAIN, SUSIE. LATER, JANE

Wife of Silas Lillard Bryan

Posted: 27 May 2000 10:12PM GMT
Edited: 8 Dec 2001 12:39AM GMT
Was your grandmother Mariah Elizabeth Jennings who married Silas Lillard Bryan. Silas is the father of W.J. who married Mary Baird.
Posted: 28 May 2000 4:29AM GMT
My GM's name was sara elizabeth jennings. I am really trying to chase down the jennings side. thanks

Mariah Elizabeth Jennings Bryan

Posted: 28 May 2000 9:34AM GMT
Mariah was born 5/24/1834. She married Silas Lillard Bryan and one of their sons was William Jennings Bryan, the silver-tongued orator. That's all the information I have on her. I can trace the information on Silas back further if that information is what you seek. Let me know.
Posted: 28 May 2000 12:58PM GMT
Kriste, thanks for replying. I guess I'm really trying to chase down the Jennings side. I know WJB was born in Salem, IL but I'm wondering how the Jennings side ended up in Louisiana. My GM was a Rowe and born in Louisiana in 1876. What I don't know is how my GGM ended up there. My father was born in Melville,LA in 1895. A real problem I have is on my GF's side. He was born in TX and raised by foster parents after his parents died when he was young. He was raised by Pealey Payton in Melville, LA. I'd like to see how far cousins go to WJB. thanks, Jerry Fife

Bryan Family

Posted: 28 May 2000 6:38PM GMT
Hi Jerry!

There are a TON of Bryans in Texas. Check out the message board. They might be able to help.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions