Search for content in message boards

haynes ohio

haynes ohio

Ron Rice (View posts)
Posted: 16 May 2000 7:27PM GMT
looking for relatives of john franklin haynes he was my great grandfather probably born early 1800's my grandfather was james branson haynes both men from ohio maybe southern ohio please help.

John Haynes

Posted: 19 May 2000 3:52PM GMT
Edited: 17 Jun 2006 3:26AM GMT
I have several John Haynes in my file. Some born in the early 1800's. Some I don;t have dates for. This Haynes fanily is from the Hocking Co Ross Co. area. There is also another line of haynes in Ross Co. Ohio. Do you have any other information at all?
My email address is ceceliai@ohiohills.com
Cecelia

haynes

ron rice (View posts)
Posted: 19 May 2000 7:17PM GMT
my grandfather was james b haynes he married melvie storer they had 13 children they lived in highland co. at one time greenfield i think the oldest daughter is leona the youngest is janice she is my mother, still living uncle is harry, dead uncles are john,donald,louis, my grand mother had a sister who lived in troy she had a big farm her name was ollie.i dont know if this helps.

ceceliai@ohiohills.com

Wm Giessner (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jun 2000 1:28AM GMT
your my haynes came to ohio 1808 with others from pen (bucks ? co or near sunsberry)the 7 sons fredrick andrew jacob peter david ? ? and a sister who married a long. jacob located in iowa, peter in mo fred andy remained in new delfi ross co oh. see hocking co history re salt creek star tnship. wilkinson greens hoovers also in this group. their parents may have been john peggy buried at mt pleasent. if you have the link to pen via the 1808 migration please share it, sickness in pen prompted them to leave. they may have been quakers
if so records should be at cin friends arch.

Haynes In Ohio

Posted: 4 Jun 2000 7:55AM GMT
Edited: 17 Jun 2006 3:26AM GMT
Thanks for the reply. I do not a PA link. I have also been told that there were 7 brothers.Like you, I have the names of 5.I live in Hocking co. which is next to Ross co.Do think there may be any information on John Haynes there?

I am a decendent of Frederick though his daughter Lucinda,How are you related?
Cecelia

peter, fred's bro decendents are in cal/tex

ceceliai@ohiohills.com (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jun 2000 12:19PM GMT
yes the 1808 group(fred's parents???) tookup land in counties predating hocking (Fairfield is one)so ck the county configuration prior to 1808 focus on land ownership records these records, the 1810thru1840 census plus (book "history of hocking co "swan,saltcreek township)will provide leads to the missing parents and the neighbors be sure to include neighbors!!(dunn,tschudijudy wilkinson green) current theory is coal co's purchased peter/david/jake prop's and peterdavid?,samual? went to MO 1840. Jacob fred' bro located in iowa this group is well documented in the haynes eagle by francis quinn also andrew haynes is documented in fragments loyde haynes in salt lake city, haynes eagle, mrs slaterly phil. have info. please note info sourse of freds parents. fred was born in penn this is the missing link. after you wet your toes in the hocking records send info to jogiessner@aol.com she has only limited time for a news letter, her files include civil war info 1840 letter from peter to fred/andy cyrus peter'son trip to cal/gold fields letter sending a gold sample to uncle jake, a letter re john haynes harpers move to grapevine tarrant co tx, for other info see buffalo dallas co mo historical society

fred haynes -more

to Ceceliai@ohiohills.com (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jun 2000 2:57PM GMT
this famly repeated names each generation therefor for example when you find a john give birthdate,age when and where!!cyrus (another example) could be jacob's son, elisha's son or peter's son. other's are fredrick andrew peter jacob elizabeth sarah richard

Sylvester Haynes in Southern Ohio

Susanne (Berry) Smith (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jul 2000 2:01PM GMT
If you look in Washington County, Ohio, you will find information on our Haynes family. I have some info. but cannot find your relatives name. Lots of Haynes lived in Little Hocking, Ohio, along the Ohio River, in Washington Co. My great-greats formed a church there, helped slaves through the underground railroads, fought in all the wars and came from Sudbury, Mass. My Great-grandmother was Sarah Drusilla Ann Haynes, born 9/17/1855 died 5/8/1909. Daughter of Andrew Jackson Haynes 2/21/1815 at Princeton, Mass., died 1/8/1889 in Washington Co., is buried beside his mother in Decatur Chapel near Little Hocking. Lots moved to Illinois and on west, lots came from Princeton, Mass. and Sudbury, Mass. Hope this helps you some. Susanne Smith. Decatur Chapel is located along St.Rt. 555 off of St.Rt. 50 7 through Belpre and Coolville, Ohio. South of Marietta. Need better directions, feel free to get in touch with me. :)

HAYNES

Ron Rice (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jul 2000 9:53PM GMT
Thanks for the info. Have you herd of my Grandfather James Branson Haynes? or Edward,or Louis.?

Haynes Family

Posted: 16 Jul 2000 9:05PM GMT
Edited: 3 Jul 2001 9:44AM GMT
I live in Chillicothe, Ohio (Ross Co). I am looking for information on a Mary Hinton-Haynes. My grandmother was Goldie Mae Haynes and my great grandmother name is Mary Aldo Haynes.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions