Search for content in message boards

Hutson

Hutson

grace johnston (View posts)
Posted: 23 Feb 2003 10:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am researching the family of Thomas Benjamin Hutson born 1848 in Salsbury Plains, England. He married Alice Couzens, who was born in London, Enagland.
They later moved to the Essex County area of Canada.
I would appreciate any information.
Thanks, Grace
Posted: 3 Jan 2004 7:57PM GMT
Edited: 19 Aug 2004 2:53AM GMT
Hello Grace,
do u have any Hutson's from alabama or Georgia?

Re: Hutson

Posted: 5 Feb 2011 4:17AM GMT
Hi Grace,

Thomas Benjamin Hutson was my great grandfather. I have information on his children, and of course about my grandmother (Margaret Eveline Hutson). If I can be of any help, I would need to know what you were looking for specifically. I know his wife, Alice Catherine "Kate" Couzens was a dressmaker from London and that they lived in Myrthyr Tidfil, Wales for a time before immigrating to Essex, Ontario Canada.
Lisa

Posted: 5 Feb 2011 4:43AM GMT
Lisa,
I'd be interested in where Thomas Benjamin's parents came from, my line of Hutsons came from Lincolnshire.

Thanx,
Gene Hutson

Posted: 5 Feb 2011 5:26AM GMT
I have my grt. grandfather as Benjamin Hutson
Birth abt. 1822 Wedmore, Somerset, England
Marriage to Rebecca Mainwaring 1844, Merthyr Tydfil, Glamorgan, Wales
and brother to Thomas B.,
John Hutson Birth Sep 1845 in Merthyr Tydfil, Glamorgan, Wales

Posted: 5 Feb 2011 5:57AM GMT
I have my Lincoln Hutsons back to abt 1530 w/Simon who
married a Margaret Baxter, I was just curious if your line was an off-shoot, there are a few lines that seemingly disappear and yours is the first I've heard came from Somerset.

Many Thanx!!!
Gene
Posted: 5 Feb 2011 6:00AM GMT
mr gene!

do u have any hutsons came to alabama!

thanks, ryan

Posted: 5 Feb 2011 6:09AM GMT
Hi Ryan,
in short, I don't know, I know there was one line that went to Wisconsin mid 1850ish from Lincolnshire, so there is a good possibility, my own dad came from Cornwall, 1949, his grandad coming from Skegness, Lincolnshire. After joining the Duke of Cornwall's Light Infantry and serving in the Boer War, he moved the family to Cornwall pre WW I.

Posted: 5 Feb 2011 7:23PM GMT
Surnames: Hutson
Hi Gene,

Reading your response to Ryan I remembered something, I have relatives in Devonshire, I'm just not sure from which line. I visited there with my mother in the mid 1980's. Wonderful visit, great scones (it was the clotted cream that was amazing!)Their home had been a Parish house for a nearby church, with a large patch of garden and a polydactyl cat! I will see if I can find out if that family fits in the Hutson line.
Posted: 6 Feb 2011 1:28AM GMT
Hello LIsa,

my Hutson's came from Pike co Ga.

my Elisha Hutson B. 1823 in pike co, ga

im not sure if my hutsons came from england.

Ryan
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions