Search for content in message boards

Geo. W. Stewart of Tenn.

Geo. W. Stewart of Tenn.

Ed Dorroh (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Stewart
Looking for information on George W. Stewart (and his ancestors), b. abt 1810 in Tennessee, m. Mary E. Unknown, b. abt 1811 in Tennessee. Children Crozier, Andrew B., Richard W., Wilber L, Julia E, and Charles W.

Geo W. Stewart

Lorraine Turrella (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Stewart
I may have some infomation on George W. Stewart, although there were two of them and mine may not be the right one. Will look this weekend.

STEWART, GEO. W., TN

Posted: 14 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 14 Apr 2002 9:19PM GMT
Surnames: Stewart, Covington, LeMaster, Meadows
Ed: My grandfather, GEORGE WASHINGTON STEWART, was b in Stewart Co., TN in 1850. His fa was GEORGE MICHAEL STEWART, b in NYC in 1810. These dates don't line up with yours, but thought there might be some relation here. Let me know if we can make any connections. Joyce

Stewart, Geo. W. TN 1810

Ed Dorroh (View posts)
Posted: 15 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Stewart, Crozier
Joyce,
Thanks for your reply, but as you said the dates don't line up. Your George W. could of course be a relative of my George W.
I do have some additional info since I posted that message:
George W. Stewart was born May 23, 1810 in "East Tennessee." He m. Mary E. Crozier on April 12, 1838 in Benton (now Calhoun) County, Alabama. She was born ca. 1811 "in Tennessee."
If you run across either of them in your research, please let me know. I have some additional "east TN" data from the library, but haven't had a chance to follow up on it yet.
Thanks again,
Ed Dorroh

Re: Geo. W. Stewart of Tenn.

Posted: 18 Sep 2001 3:59PM GMT
Edited: 19 Sep 2001 2:53PM GMT
D you have more info on the Andrew Stewart you mentioned. I have an Andrew Stewart father of John Calvin Stewart born in Van Wert, OH in 1859 and would like to find out more about Andrew.

gerrystewart@hotmail.com

Re: Geo. W. Stewart of Tennessee

Posted: 15 Apr 2006 12:50PM GMT
Edited: 21 Apr 2006 7:47AM GMT
Surnames: Stewart, Stephenson
I am trying to find info on George Washington Stewart of Tenn. who married Mary Florence Stephenson. They had a daughter, Bonnie and moved to NC. PLEASE let me know if anyone sees connections. I can't get past them. There is supposed to be Cherokee in the Stewarts. Thanks so much!

Re: Stewart, Geo. W. TN 1810

Posted: 4 Dec 2013 11:21PM GMT
Ed,
Your George Washington is my ggggrandfather. My lineage is GW Stewart --> Andrew Barton Stewart --> John Edwin Stewart --> Andrew Stuart Stewart --> my father, Jeff.

You will find a photo of George Washington Stewart and Andrew Barton in my tree. Do y ou have a record that cites the marriage to Mary Ellen Crozier?

Thanks,
Andrea
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions