Search for content in message boards

Does any one know the names of the actor Dick(Richard Ewing) Powell's parents names were?

Does any one know the names of the actor Dick(Richard Ewing) Powell's parents names were?

Posted: 26 Dec 2002 9:54AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Powell-Carter-Bailey-Breland
My Greatgrandmother was a Sarah francis (Fannie) Powell, her ancestors came here in the middle to late 1600's from Wales and England, and I was a descendant of those Powels that migrated from Virginia, and the Carolina's , in the late 1700's and early, to Tennesse, Mississippi, and Louisiana.

Re: Does any one know the names of the actor Dick(Richard Ewing) Powell's parents names were?

Posted: 24 Jan 2007 7:23PM GMT
I don't know, but Dick Powell was from Mountain View, Arkanasas, a fact that that town is proud of. Contact the library or Chamber of Commerce, they would be glad to share the bio I am sure.

Re: Does any one know the names of the actor Dick(Richard Ewing) Powell's parents names were?

Posted: 3 Feb 2007 6:57AM GMT
His parents were Ewing and Sallie Rowena Thompson Powell.

His brother Luther Powell was born October 30, 1906, and died August 15, 1996. His brother Howard Smith Powell was born October 13, 1899, and died in January, 1986.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions