Search for content in message boards

Lanes of Tennessee/Arkansas

Lanes of Tennessee/Arkansas

Posted: 26 Aug 2006 9:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lanes, Hughes
Searching for the parents of Charles Harvey Lane and George Washington Lane George born abt 1860 Charles 1865 in Tennessee, 1880 census shows to stepchildren named about in the home of Henry H Hughes and Nancy L. Any information on Nancy or her previous spouces please contact me at the_all_and_powerful_dada@yahoo.com Thanks

Re: Lanes of Tennessee/Arkansas

Posted: 22 Oct 2011 7:21PM GMT
Troy,

I might have some information that might be useful
to you about Lanes and Byars in TN.

Jeff

Posted: 23 Oct 2011 3:33AM GMT
Edited: 23 Oct 2011 3:35AM GMT
Surnames: Lane, Phipps, Bobier, Biggerstaff, Fisher, Meier
I am interested in finding descendants of Isaac Lane of Sumner Co. TN, b. 1760s, probably in NC. He married Sarah Phipps in Craven Co., NC. Please advise if you are connected or have information on him.

Posted: 24 Oct 2011 7:21PM GMT
I have one daughter, Mary, born 4 February 1800 in Sumner County, Tennessee. She died 3 September 1881 in Hamilton County, Illinois. On 2 September 1821 in McLeansboro, Hamilton County, Illinois she married Ichabod Mitchell.

Posted: 25 Oct 2011 10:48PM GMT
She was a daughter of Isaac Lane, but don't have the other children of Isaac. I'd like to do a DNA test to see if Isaac and James were closer related than just brother-in-laws, so specifically I'd like to find a male Lane descendant of Isaac, but am interested in his whole family and where they went to Sumner Co. TN. Thanks for any help.

Posted: 25 Oct 2011 10:48PM GMT
She was a daughter of Isaac Lane, but don't have the other children of Isaac. I'd like to do a DNA test to see if Isaac and James were closer related than just brother-in-laws, so specifically I'd like to find a male Lane descendant of Isaac, but am interested in his whole family and where they went to Sumner Co. TN. Thanks for any help.

Posted: 25 Oct 2011 10:50PM GMT
She was a daughter of Isaac Lane, but don't have the other children of Isaac. I'd like to do a DNA test to see if Isaac and James were closer related than just brother-in-laws, so specifically I'd like to find a male Lane descendant of Isaac, but am interested in his whole family and where they went after Sumner Co. TN. Thanks for any help.

Posted: 27 Oct 2011 1:14AM GMT
I don't know of Isaac or the James associated with him. I would be interested to know more. I know of some Lanes that
were in Hamilton County and there are DNA results for them
that match my Lanes somewhat. I can put you in touch with them.

Posted: 28 Oct 2011 2:58PM GMT
Surnames: Lane, Phipps, Hancock
I'd like to know more about your Lanes and the Lanes that somewhat match by DNA. My Lanes were in Hamilton Co, Saline Co, and Gallatin Co, IL. i.e. Thomas Lane, Mordecai Lane, Dabney Lane, Lewis Lane. I've tried sorting out the various families by that name to see if there is a relation and it has been difficult. Some of the other Lanes even moved to Phelps Co, MO where my Lewis Lane ended up.

I noted that there was an Isaac Lane who married a Sarah Phipps in Craven Co, NC which is where James Lane married Mary Phipps. I don't any more about that Isaac, but I included the family of the Isaac who was in Hamilton Co, IL below. He is found living next to Thomas Lane and his wife Millie in one census record, indicating that he is possibly their son. They appear to have come from TN by the information given on census records.

In my tree, I have a Levina Lane b. 1815 in TN who married the cousin of my Lanes. She married Tatom Hancock 03 Nov 1833 in Hamilton Co, IL and the consent was given by a Thomas Lane. Tatom was the son of Jesse Hancock whose parents were Benjamin Hancock and Sarah Lane. Sarah was sister of Thomas Lane who was father of Mordecai, Lewis, and Dabney mentioned above. Levina and Tatem had a daughter Millie who married Mordecai's daughter. I have always wondered if Levina Lane was also related to my Lane and how. Her father's name was Thomas, but it doesn't seem to fit in with my Thomas who would have been to old to be her father.

James Lane to Mary Ann Phipps 18 Mar 1793
Isaac Lane to Sarah Ann Phipps 22 Dec 1788

Isaac Lane was born 1828 in TN. He married Sylvia Stricklin 06 Nov 1848. She was born 1830 in Illinois.

Children of Isaac Lane and Sylvia Stricklin are:
1) John L. Lane, born 1850 in Hamilton, IL.
2) Camilia Lane, born 1852 in Hamilton, IL.
3) James Lane, born 1854 in Hamilton, IL.
4) Celia Lane, born 1856 in Hamilton, IL. She married George Hall 31 Oct 1878 in Franklin, IL. George Hall and Celia Lane: Marriage: 31 Oct 1878, Franklin, IL

5) Sophronia Lane, born 1857 in Hamilton, IL.
6) Albert J. Lane, born 1859 in AR.
7) Thomas Lane, born 09 Jul 1862 in Hamilton, IL; died 05 Nov 1938.

Posted: 28 Oct 2011 8:58PM GMT
I am from the James Lane's from Hamilton Co.IL, but he was in Sumner Co. TN with Isaac before that. Late 1700s and early 1800s.

Thanks for answering though. Still would like to sort out the other Lanes in Hamilton Co. IL besides James' descendants and the Mary Lane Mitchell, who was Isaac's daughter and the only child I know with certainty from Isaac.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic