Search for content in message boards

COLE's in North Carolina

COLE's in North Carolina

Posted: 10 Jun 2002 10:22PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for info on a Robert Lawerence Cole. He was born 12-15-1891 in Cherokee N.C. He died 4-15-1951 in Tellico Plains, Tennessee. His mother was Minnie Lee Presswood. When Robert was around 2 years old Minnie married a George W. Evans and Robert took his last name. Therefor being Robert L. Evans. If any of these names mean anything to anyone please notify me. Although I have quit a bit on the EVANS the true blood line is COLE.
Thanks to anyone who can HELP,
Cynthia Nelson

Re: COLE's in North Carolina

Posted: 6 Jan 2003 1:16AM GMT
My grandmother was Effie Cole from North Carolina. Her brother was Ed Cole. I believe he lived around Jacksonville, NC and my grandmother moved to The Durham area around 1900. She married a Dillehay. Any information?

Posted: 12 Apr 2013 4:44AM GMT
Surnames: Evans, cole in north carolina
Hi Cindy! I am the great granddaughter of Robert Lawrence. My grandmother ( Robert L's daughter, Lois) always told us that George Washington Evans was not Robert's real father. She never knew who his real father was but that it had been kept a secret. If you have any information on his father please contact me! We would love to know. My grandmother is still living and I would love to tell her this information. You say the true blood line is Cole- who was this Cole family? It would be great if you could get back to me!
Thanks
Lauren

Posted: 8 May 2013 2:52AM GMT
Lauren,
I haven't been on in awhile. It was good hearing from you. My Mother-in-law is Robert Evans daughter. You can contact me through my email as I don't get on ancestry much. My email is cindyn1962@charter.net. I would like to talk to you some more about the Cole line.
Thanks and hope to hear back from you
Cindy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions