Search for content in message boards

BURD PISTON RING COMPANY

BURD PISTON RING COMPANY

Posted: 2 Oct 2002 5:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BURD
Looking for info on the BURD PISTON RING COMPANY, which was in Rockford, Winnebago Co., as late as I can find during and possibly following WW II. I am interested in the founder of the company, as I feel he is probably a relative. This company sponsored some race cars in the Indy 500 races in the 1930's which won, and the company was also subsidized by the government during WW II. Would appreciate any and all info. Thank you in advance.

Re: BURD PISTON RING COMPANY

Jim Thomas (View posts)
Posted: 28 Oct 2002 1:56AM GMT
Here are some local and state resources you could try:
For marriages up to 1900 check out:
http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/cgi-bin/archives/marriage....
For deaths 1916 to 1950 check out:
http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/departments/archives/genea...

The Rockford Public Library has a great local history research room. All directories back to before 1850 would be there. They also have all the Rockford newspapers (obits) on microfilm back at least as long (1850). Perhaps they would copy info and send or you could make the triip. I have heard that the gentleman that mans the local history room will do some basic research like this for a small fee.
OR
The Winnebago County Clerks office keeps all the birth/marriage/death records on microfilm. If you have good dates they will make copies. Cost is $7-15 each search depending on how good your dates are. Be sure to state that you are doing genealogical research and give your relationship to the person(s). They have much cross reference printouts available (free) in a section of their office on births/marriages(by male and by female) and deaths.
IF BURIED LOCALLY
Many larger local cemeteries have good records. Smaller ones may have listings in the Rockford Public Library local history room. (nice facility).

Re: BURD PISTON RING COMPANY

richard truett (View posts)
Posted: 9 Dec 2002 8:49PM GMT
Susie:

I bought an unused thermostat this weekend still in the box made by Burd.

Here's what's on the box:

Burd Piston Ring Co.
Rockford, Illinois
Ha-Dees Heater Division

The date is 1949 for the car it fits, so the company was still around then.

Richard Truett
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions