Search for content in message boards

Will of William BARNES of Wayne Co.

Will of William BARNES of Wayne Co.

Vikki Hollowell Highfield (View posts)
Posted: 2 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Will
Surnames: BARNES, NUSOM, FERRELL, KEEN, FLOWERS, WATSON, BOSWELL, POPE, WAYET
State of North Carolina Wayne County know all men that I WILLIAM BARNES in the name of God do make this my Last will and testament being of sound and dis posed mind and memory. 1st I leave for all my just debts to be paid. 2nd I give un to my beloved wife one years provesion also I lend to my wife the land plantation and houses where I now live for life or widowhood I also Lend to my wife two negroes by name DENNIS and JAMES for life or widow hood I give unto my wife two Feather beads and furniture one Chest one tub and one waterpale two sows & shoats and one Cow and Calf her Choise three head of sheap one mare bridle and sadle her Choise also twenty five dollars in Cash. 3rd I give un to the heirs of my daugter MARY NUSOM lawfully begoten of her body one negro girl by the name of CANSEY if they Come with in ten years after my death if not __ then to be deveded betwixt all of my hiers that is not Excepted. 4th I give unto my son JOSEPH's Children one dollar. 5th I give unto my son SIMON BARNES' children two hundred dollars to be Equally Diveded. 6th I lend unto my (ink blot) CHRISTIAN FERRELL one negro named TEMPY (ink blot) natural life after her death to be Equally divided (ink blot) her Bodily hiers lawfully begotten of her Body. 7th I give unto my son WILLIAM BARNES one dollar. 8th I give unto my son RUFUS BARNES all the Land that I bought of JOHN KEEN?, MICAEL FLOWERS and LITTLETON WATSON Lying in the fork of Black Creek and Robin Swamp also I give to my son RUFUS two negroes MATILDA and ZILPHA. 9th I give to my son STEPHEN all the Land that I Bought of JACOB BARNES on both sides of the Robin Swamp also two negroes HESTER and MARY. 10th I lend unto my daughter MILLESANT two hundred acres of Land lying on the East side of the Big Peacosson during hir lifr time also one negro girl named LUSA after her death to be devided betwixt hir bodily hiers Lawfully begoten of her body if no bodily hiers to Return back to my heirs I give un to my daughter MILASANT one Cow & Calf. 11th I give un to my daughter ELIZABETH two hundred acres of Land lying on the North side of Black Creek also two negroes girls CHANE & WILLE one Bed & furnature one Cow and Calf & one Chest. 12th I give unto my Grand Daughter PATSEY BARNES daughter of SIMON BARNES three negroes HANNER, MARY and SIL to her and her Bodely heirs. 13th I give un to my son ENOS BARNES all the Land that I Bought of my son JOSEPH BARNES Children lying on the Juniper and White Oak also all that I lend to my wife for life or widow hood also two negroes VISE & HENERY one mare bridle and sadle one Bed and Furnuture one Cow and Calf and one gun. 14th I leave DENNES & JAMES to be sold after my wifes death or mariage and Equally devided be twixt all of my hiers Except JOSEPH BARNES heirs JESSE BOSWELL and WILLIAM POPE. 15th I leave all the Balance of my Estate that is not already given awa to be sold and Equally deveded betwixt all of my Hiers Except JOSEPH BARNES heirs JESSE BOSWELL and WILLIAM POPE. 16th Lastly I do Constitute and appoint RUFUS BARNES and STEPHEN BARNS my to Sons Executors to this my Last will and Testament this 10th of August 1847. WILLIAM BARNES (his mark). Test - SIMON NUSOM, GEORGE WAYET.

Stephen Barnes

Posted: 12 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Will
Edited: 12 Jan 2006 6:26PM GMT
Surnames: BARNES
I noted that the Wayne Co. NC Will of William Barnes lists a son Stephen.

I am searching for a Stephen Barnes whose wife was named Sydney. They were the parents of eight children. This is the only thread I have via their son, Adolphus Barnes, my great-grandfather: "Adolphus Barnes, son of Stephen and Sydney Barnes, was born in North Carolina, January 18th, 1822. He was the youngest of eight children....with his parents and other members of the family he came to Indiana in 1830..." It was also known that Stephen and wife were Quakers, but I cannot find records of them in Henshaws. Any light you or others can shed on the whereabouts of the Stephen Barnes I am looking for would be appreciated.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions