Search for content in message boards

"Bullis family genealogy and associated families"

"Bullis family genealogy and associated families"

Posted: 13 Feb 2011 11:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bullis
Hello,

I am looking for a copy of the book "Bullis family genealogy and associated families" by Howard Bullis. If you have a copy of the book and would be willing to sell it, please contact me at sziv77@yahoo.com.

Thank you!

Re: "Bullis family genealogy and associated families"

Posted: 24 Jul 2011 1:47PM GMT
I, too am a Bullis and Howard would have been a cousin I think ! If you get any info I'd be willing to share what I have.

Ruth (Bullis) Dupuis

Posted: 26 Jul 2011 9:13PM GMT
I looked for the book for years, and I know of one person who has it, but I forgot his name. It's actually a huge book - two large volumes. It's a trip, but there is a copy at the genealogy library in SLC. It's a great resource, I copied off many pages from it on my line. He is pretty accurate until the 5th generation, but I did find several huge mistakes in the 6th generation, so if you do read it, make sure you still check out all of his facts.

Posted: 5 Aug 2011 5:54PM GMT
I am a Bullis as well but I know nothing about a book. I too would be interested in buying this book.

By any chance are you related to another Howard Bullis like son of maybe ? I ask because I have some info he did for my family but I understood he passed away....

I would like a come back either here or at granma1@bell.net

Ruth

Posted: 30 Aug 2011 12:32PM GMT
It is actually 6 large books. I have a set that I bought from Rosemary Bullis, Howard's widow. Her address is 3 Falla Ct., Ft. Myers, FL 33912-2008. Depending where you live, I believe the LDS library in SLC has a copy and I would be surprised if there is not a set in the NY State library in Albany, where all his research is stored. I would be willing to look a few things up for you if that would suffice.

Posted: 13 Oct 2011 4:36PM GMT
If you look on my public member tree here you will see that my ex-husband's Joe (William Leonard) grandmother was born Flora Bullis. Her Bullis ancestors were some of the earlist settlers of Unadilla Township, Livingston County, Michigan. Using vital records and census records I come to a brick wall with Charles Edward Bullis who census records state was born cir 1789 in New York and married to Sarah Halsey. One census record gives her place of birth as Rhode Island and another lists place of birth as Connecticut.They somehow had Ohio connections also as some of the Bullises were born in the Akron area. His son Sylvester also born New York in 1814 was married to Louisa Daily who had early colonial New England and New Netherland (Dutch) roots. Louisa was only 14 years old when they married.
Was Charles Edward Bullis born too late to be included in your book?

Posted: 14 Oct 2011 12:21AM GMT
The books come up to the present, at least until Howard passed on. Good news for you. I have Charles Edward Bullis, b. 1789 VT, son of James Bullis, b. c 1765, Dutchess Co., NY. Charles married Sarah Halsey, b. 1792 CT. Ten children listed including Sylvester, b. 1815 NY State. They had 9 children. Tell me what you need and give me your address and I will mail you copies. Hope this helps.

Posted: 14 Oct 2011 1:28AM GMT
Thank-you so much for your help. I will add this information to the Bullis line on my family tree. I belong to american ancestors.org so might eventually be able to find some Bullis
information on their website. I guess I would like to know who the immigrant ancestor was. My address is 6201 Sheridan Rd.
Vassar, MI 48768.
Donna Parlette

Posted: 21 Sep 2012 11:29PM GMT
Hi- I am interested in this book also. You mentioned the book was available at SLC (what is SLC). Would appreciate any info!!! Thanks.

dbullis46@hotmail.com

Posted: 22 Sep 2012 10:46PM GMT
The Bullis Book (it has a fancy name I always forget) by Howard Bullis is at the Family History LIbrary in Salt Lake City. It is a two volume set that has a lot of great information. I found he did make several mistakes in the later generations, because he relied on his guesses and family correspondence, but seems to be pretty accurate through the 1820's because he went to places in the East the family lived and found proof.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions