Search for content in message boards

Church records from Kupno/Kolbuszowa, Poland

Church records from Kupno/Kolbuszowa, Poland

Posted: 2 Nov 2013 1:04AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Nov 2013 1:07AM GMT
Are there any Church or Civil records existing for Kupno/Kolbuszowa, Poland somewhere and if so, are they only available for researchers and people who go to the parish churches in the area where their relatives Lived? I'm looking for birth, Baptism, Marriage and death records 1800 (or earlier) to 1920. All I know is that my grandmother, Anna Pastula, was baptised in April 1883 in Kupno/Kolbuszowa and her father's name was Joannes Pastula and mother's name was Sophia Zmuda. Don't know of any sibblings,Aunts or Uncles. She arrived in the USA Feb. 1903. She was married in Cleveland, Ohio Oct. 1908 and when she filled out forms to be married in a Polish Church there, she was asked where and when she was baptised and also parents names. I can't seem to progress any further, I've hit the brick wall. It seems, no one else is researching this branch of Pastulas/Zmudas. I always come up with "no records found" Any help would be very welcomed Thank You Jim

Re: Church records from Kupno/Kolbuszowa, Poland

Posted: 2 Nov 2013 1:35PM GMT
Edited: 2 Nov 2013 7:12PM GMT
http://www.archiwum.diecezja.tarnow.pl/index3d15.html?option...

https://familysearch.org/search/collection/results?count=20&...

In 1904 a Wiktoria Pastuła from Kupno (b. abt 1888) came to her sister Anna Pastuła in Cleveland, OH.
In passanger manifest is Victoria Paszula.

Posted: 3 Nov 2013 5:10PM GMT
Edited: 3 Nov 2013 6:13PM GMT
Thank You for your reply. The hint for Wiktoria Pastula is a very interesting one that needs some follow up. The Tarnow Diocese Catholic Church Book 1612-1900 I have used. I found my Grandfather, Joseph Oles baptism records and possible sibblings. He was born in Przyszowa. Also I found his first wife's ( Anna Bodziony) baptism record also possible sibblings. She was born in Mokra Wies. They were living in Gostwica when he left for USA in 1902 and she in 1903 with 1 daughter, Catharina about 11 months old. This infomation has made me hopeful I might find something on my Grandmother, Anna Pastula, Joseph's 2nd wife,( they were married in 1908 in Cleveland, Ohio). I might just have to visit your beautiful Country to get information on my grandmother and her line. Thank You again, Jim

Posted: 3 Nov 2013 5:32PM GMT
Edited: 3 Nov 2013 6:44PM GMT
In the passanger manifest, I mentioned yesterday, take a look at Antonina Orzech from Kupno. She and Victoria Pastula go to the same address in Cleveland, I can not read, maybe Mead Street 21. Antonina goes to her cousin or mother Victoria Sudol.
Anna Pastuła and Wiktoria Sudoł live in one house.

And here are some others Pastulas from Kupno from passanger manifests
1901 Antonina Pastula
1905 Johann Pastula (b.1888)
1910 Henryk Pastula (b.1892), son of Jakób Pastula, goes to his uncle Jan Blicharz, Cleveland
1912 Ludwik Pastula (b.1895), son of Ignac Pastula, goes to his brother in law Andrzej Gelabe, Cleveland
1914 Wladyslaw Pastula (b.1896), son of J. Pastula (mother), goes to Jan Pastula, Brooklyn, NY
1923 Jan Pastula (b.1883), husband of Antonina Pastula, goes to his br. in. l. Ludwik Faryniarz, Adoo, PA

Popular family names in Kupno:
Plis, Mazan, Orzech, Reguła, Miazga, Zuber, Drożdż, Dworak, Dziuba, Faryniarz.
in Poręby Kupieńskie:
Mazan, Wojda, Miazga, Draus, Fabiński, Faryniarz, Kaczor, Marek, Mazur, Orzech.
in Widełka
Płoch, Selwa, Buczek, Liszcz, Rumak, Gaweł, Krętowicz, Michałek, Niezgoda, Chruściel.
in Bukowiec:
Kołacz, Mazan, Skowroński, Branas, Budziński, Jakubczyk, Kret, Lechowski, Mazur, Micek.
in Kolbuszowa Górna:
Augustyn, Starzec, Salach, Tokarz, Gorzelany, Micek, Biestek, Chmielowiec, Rząsa, Hałat.
in Kolbuszowa:
Serafin, Kiwak, Wilk, Czachor, Bajor, Starzec, Augustyn, Mazur, Chmielowiec, Fryc.

Posted: 6 Nov 2013 4:05AM GMT
Hmm, I have some people in Bukowiec, which is right next to Kupno... so I thought I'd look at your links. So the Diocesan Archive one shows up 404... and if I try the homepage it seems to be telling me that the archives are closed for renovation as of 4 Nov (only 2 days after you posted)... is this right? Does that mean we can't see any results until Jan?
Also, for me FamilySearch says there are lots of hits in that book for my surname but it isn't showing any of them. Is this happening to anyone else? e.g. I put in Pastula, it says 420 results but none appear on the screen...
-bill

Posted: 9 Nov 2013 6:07PM GMT
I'm not sure of your post "Diocesan Archive one..."? What are you referring to?? I used Familysearch.org and it seems to be working, however, when I try to bring up Kupno records there are none available. I did find baptismal records for my grandfather thru Familysearch.org., but he was from just south of Tarnow in another village, Przyszowa. When I entered his name Roman Catholic Diocese of Tarnow book 1612 thru1900 came up with his baptismal record as well as his first wife's and two children. The info given is only for the individual being bapised...date of baptism, parent's names, house #, village name. I tried the Familysearch.org this am and yes it did bring up Pastula surname however they are not from Kupno. I was told by another researcher in Poland that there are no church records for Kolbuszowa/Kupno online. It seems to me the only way to obtain records is through a researcher from the area or go there yourself, which has drawbacks...language barrier, etc.Jim

Posted: 9 Nov 2013 6:39PM GMT
Hello, I've been looking over that manifest for Victoria Pastula and Antonina Orzech and it does look promising. The address, Mead St 21, is within a mile of the address given on the manifest for Anna Pastula , as far as I can decipher. Would you be so kind as to take a look at the manifest yourself and give me your opinion as to the name of the person Anna was meeting. I'm not convinced the name printed (Marian) is correct...it certainly doesn't sound like a Polish surname, and if a married name I haven't been able to find it anywhere in Cleveland records. Also the street name has me puzzled, I believe it is Bessemer, but not sure since st names have changed through the years. Thanks for all your help.

Posted: 10 Nov 2013 4:48AM GMT
Sorry, meant this link from Mr. Sroka:
http://www.archiwum.diecezja.tarnow.pl/index3d15.html?option...
Not working for me; did you have success with it?
Familysearch evidently had a technical problem which is now fixed. I still didn't find my great-grandmother's birth record, unfortunately.
-bill

Posted: 10 Nov 2013 7:15PM GMT
I tried the link you're writing about and it gave me the same error, so I clicked on it again and I erased from the / after pl and it brought up Arch Diocese of Tarnow home page. Its in polish, so its hard to read, but if you go to the top of the page you'll see ZASOB ADT, if you click on it, it will take you to links of what looks like records of all sorts. They are just a list, no actual files. I'm not sure its what we are looking for, but check it out. I believe what we are seeking is in the Tarnow's archives, nothing is online for the Kolbuszowa area of our families. Thats what I'm finding and thats what the reachers out there are telling me. Kupno did not get a parish church till 1925 They either had to go to Kolbuszowa or maybe there was Priest that traveled, not sure! That maybe was the same for your village. Well, I hope this helps you some! If I find anything else out I'll let you know. Good luck in your seach
Jim

Posted: 11 Nov 2013 4:27PM GMT
Oh, interesting, I hadn't seen that Zasób ADT link. I was able to open the files. They are word .doc files and seem to contain library catalogs of different documents at the diocese archives, except AKTA_PERSONALNE_tabela.doc has some names and dates... evidently those are priests.
Poland has been putting records online at the site http://szukajwarchiwach.pl/, I wonder when/if this area will be uploaded...
-bill
per page

Find a board about a specific topic