Search for content in message boards

Help with Bervie and Ripley, please!

Help with Bervie and Ripley, please!

Posted: 27 May 2009 9:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 May 2009 11:37AM GMT
Surnames: Mcintyre, McDonald
Hi, my great-great-grandparents were William and Marion Rennie Mcintyre of Bervie and Donald McDonald of Ripley. Would anyone be able to tell me what resources are on line or where I can write to for information on these families? James Rennie Mcintyre and Catherine McDonald (my great-grandparents) were both born in Ontario in 1856. There is a Scottish cemetery somewhere near one of these towns where the Scottish pioneers are all buried. Has anyone heard of such a cemetery? thank-you very much!!

Re: Help with Bervie and Ripley, please!

Posted: 28 May 2009 10:36PM GMT
Edited: 28 May 2009 11:31PM GMT
Surnames: McDonald, McKay
There is a cemetery in Brucefield that has interments of Scots.
McDONALD, James died 23 Nov. 1856 aged 102 years.Native of Invernesshire, Scotland.
His wife Mary McDONALD, died 27 March 1858, age 102 years.
McDONALD, Edward, died 02 March 1876, aged 74 years.
Alexander, son of Edward and Elizabeth McDONALD. Died Sept. 1864, aged 23 years, 9 months, 1 day.
Hugh McKAY, died 19 July 1861, aged 77 years.
His Wife: Mary McDONALD, died 18 Dec. 1872 age 32 years.
Natives od Southerland Shire, Scotland, Parish of Farr Armadale.

Posted: 29 May 2009 1:27PM GMT
Edited: 30 May 2009 1:00PM GMT
Thank-you very much. Is Ripley a small town? Bervie also?

Posted: 30 May 2009 2:11PM GMT
Edited: 31 May 2009 12:06PM GMT
Surnames: McIntyre, Rennie, McDonald
Both Ripley & Bervie are in Bruce County. Ripley is about 7 miles south east of Kincardine in Huron Township & Bervie is about 5 miles east of Kincardine in Kincardine Township.

The OCFA is showing Marion (Rennie) McIntyre in the Kincardine Cemetery. There is a Donald McDonald in both the Kincardne Cemetery & in the Ripley Cemetery.

Jim

Posted: 31 May 2009 6:19PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jun 2009 1:13PM GMT
Surnames: McIntyre, McDonald
Hi Mr. Jim,
Thank-you very, very much for taking the time to send this information to me. I'm just starting the research into this Canadian branch of my family. The Marion Rennie McIntyre has got to be my ancestor. Does it say she is buried with her husband and the dates? Her husband was William. The McDonalds lived in Ripley. My great-grandmother Catherine McDonald was born there. She married James Rennie McIntyre in Fargo, ND in 1879. Both she and James were born in 1856.
Please, could you tell me what OCFA is? Is it on line? Also would there be obituaries that far back or records stating who their parents were. Is there a place in Bruce County were I could write for records or information. Again, thank-you so much for your information and any further help you might give to me.

Posted: 31 May 2009 7:04PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jun 2009 1:10PM GMT
Surnames: Rennie, Dawson, McIntyre
The OCFA is online at
http://www.islandnet.com/ocfa/homepage.html

LDS at family search.org shows Marion Rennie born Feb 4, 1822 of James Rennie and Isabella Dawson
married May 13, 1843 to William McIntyre
Alva, Stirlingshire, Scotland.

They are shown with several children in various early online Ontario census records.

Merv - NOT related.

Posted: 31 May 2009 7:28PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jun 2009 1:11PM GMT
Surnames: McIntyre, Rennie
found this on the Bruce board ...

McIntyre, Mrs. Marion, Kincardine, D. April 30 1877, 54 years, native of Moa, Sterlingshire, Scotland, emigrated to America May 31 1843, wife of William McIntyre. B1. A. , lot 30
Also on this page is
McIntyre, William, Kincardine, married Marion Rennie, purchased B1. Q. , lot 30, no burial records.

Posted: 1 Jun 2009 1:58AM GMT
Edited: 1 Jun 2009 1:12PM GMT
Surnames: McIntyre, McDonald
The OCFA is the Ontario Cemetery Finding Aid & is a searchable online aid.

Marion Rennie McIntyre is interred in the Kincardine Cemetery in plot 646. There is no mention of her husband on the stone, only that she was the wife of William McIntyre. I believe William had a brother Donald & a sister Nichol.
Marion died April 30, 1877 aged 54 years.

There is no transcription for A William McIntyre in the Kincardine Cemetery.

In the Kincardine Cemetery there are 8 Donald McDonald's buried there.

Do you know when Donald was born ?

The Bruce County Archives in Southampton, Ontario have indexed a lot of obituaries. They might be a big help to you.

Posted: 28 Jul 2009 10:36PM GMT
Thank-you everyone so much for your help, many, many thanx!!

Posted: 28 Jul 2009 10:41PM GMT
Edited: 1 Aug 2009 12:56PM GMT
Surnames: McIntyre
Thank-you so very much! This is amzing because my mother's name was Marion Isabella McIntyre!!! I sat in my chair with my mouth open for 10 minutes after reading your note. I only wish I could tell her now who she was named after, she would have loved it as she always hated the name Isabella! Thanks again very much- what a puzzle you solved for me!!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions