Search for content in message boards

Key Brand Shoes St. Louis

Key Brand Shoes St. Louis

Don Slocum (View posts)
Posted: 2 Nov 2003 12:54AM GMT
Classification: Query
I have a large wooden box that my grandparents had when they passed away in th 1940-50s. The box has a hinged lid and is about 4 feet long X 3 feet wide and about 20 inches tall and has the name "Key Brand Shoes St. Louis" stenciled in red on two sides. The box apparently was shipped to Quincy, Il at the time.

Does anyone know anything about this company, who owned Key Brand, and/or what years they were in operation? Thank you for any information.

Re: Key Brand Shoes St. Louis

Posted: 13 Jan 2013 5:01PM GMT
Edited: 13 Jan 2013 5:05PM GMT
Surnames: Giesecke; D'oench
Sorry to reply almost a decade later - but Key Brand Shoes were a brand of Shoes from the Giesecke, D'Oench, and Hayse shoe company. Giesecke and D'Oench were brother-in-laws who had on again and off again partnerships in shoe companies between 1871 and 1910. The later iterations of the company end up becoming Red Goose Shoes (around 1906). Pronouncing the name Giesecke - you get both the key sound and the geese sound in them (a geese and a Key). The earlies Red Goose promotions had a key in the Goose's mouth.
Do you still have the box? My wife is related to the Gieseckes and the D'Oenches and loves to collect their stuff. Even if you don't want to part with the box, could you send a photo? Thanks.

Posted: 14 Jan 2013 8:34PM GMT

Email me at pmdslocum(at)aol.com and I will send you more information.

Posted: 24 Oct 2013 6:55PM GMT
Hello,
I have two keys that say "Key Brand Shoes St. Louis" on them. I am assuming from your post that they are quite old. Do you know if they would be of any value?

Thank you, Doug
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions