Search for content in message boards

Will of Thomas Sanders (d. 1812) of Davidson and Sumner Counties, Tennessee

Will of Thomas Sanders (d. 1812) of Davidson and Sumner Counties, Tennessee

Posted: 15 Jan 2003 7:30AM GMT
Classification: Will
Surnames: Sanders, Watson, Moseley, Jones, Trigg, Clay, Wilkerson
I am interested in corresponding with anyone who has information about this family. Steve

Davidson County Tennessee, Wills and Inventories, Volume One – 1783-1816, Page 200
November 28, 1812
Will of Thomas Sanders, deceased
To my beloved wife Mary Sanders all my property both real and personal and at her death to be divided among the following, to my granddaughter Amanda Clay negro girl named Sophia to be delivered when she arrives to lawful age or marries, to my daughter Martha Trigg four negroes, namely, Lucy, Jenny, Caroline, and Mary also my riding horse, to my four daughters Elizabeth Jones, Salley Watson, Polly Mosley, and Judith Mosley and my son Edward Sanders, five pounds of Virginia money each. To my son James Sanders my negro man named Will. To my son Frances Sanders all the residue of my whole both real and personal except two negroes named George and Rose which I do set free. I appoint my sons James Sanders and Francis Sanders my executors. This 26 Jan 1812. Wit: Nathaniel Sanders and Meridith Wilkerson.

Re: Will of Thomas Sanders (d. 1812) of Davidson and Sumner Counties, Tennessee

Posted: 20 Jan 2003 1:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Jul 2003 2:20AM GMT
Surnames: sanders
i am researching my sanders family the names sound like my tree, my ggg grandfather was a james sanders, that came to alabama some time around 1820-1830, he had a son moses, and a relative, brother? that settled here by the name of nathaniel sanders, james sanders is listed on the ala tax 1840 list has having 1 slave, do you know if thomas sanders was orginally from south carolina? does this sound like a link? i hope it is this has been my brick wall.

Re: Will of Thomas Sanders (d. 1812) of Davidson and Sumner Counties, Tennessee

Posted: 3 Feb 2013 1:41AM GMT
Classification: Query
Steve,

If you are still looking for information about this Thomas Sanders (and if your email address is still valid) I have quite a bit of info to share.

Thomas is from my DNA group. I am descended from his sister Frances (Fanny) Sanders, who married William (the elder) Sanders before 1776 in Orange/Caswell Co., NC. Thomas and Fanny were children of James Sanders, b. abt. 1705, New Kent Co., VA; d. 1776 in Orange/Caswell NC. James was the son of James Sanders Sr. and Sarah Scrimshire who married in 1698 in New Kent.

Please contact me if you want this info.

Justin Sanders.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions