Search for content in message boards

Jackson, Christian

Jackson, Christian

Iris Morris (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Jackson, Christian

Hi, I want to introduce myself. My name is Iris Morris. I was reading a post on the Forum from Richard Bond. I just want to say there is a possibility we may be related. My mothers maiden name is Jackson, and she is from St Croix, V. I. Her fathers name was Ignatious Jackson. Her mothers name ws Yulalie Christian. I am trying to gather all the information from my mother and her surviving siblings. I have never lived in or been to the V. I. But like I said my mothers family is from there. My grandfather was of East Indian descent and my grandmother was of Black and Danish. If you are interested in comparing notes please feel free to respond to this e-mail. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Iris Morris

Corrected Information

Iris Morris (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Jackson, Christiansen, D'Chbert

I stand corrected from my initial post. My grandfathers name was Ignatious Jackson --- His father was Peter Jackson ( Caribbean Indian ), His mother was Edna D'Chbert.--- My grandmothers name was Eulalie Christiansen her mother was known as Granny Kate (of Panamanin decent), Her father was Danish. From what I unserstand a Danish Judge. Anyone with information on these family names would be helpful.

Ignatious Jackson

Richard Bond (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Jackson

Erik says that he remembers Ignatious as a light complected person of color who was younger (x|x<85 years) than him and worked for the police department.

Jackson, Christiansen, de Chabert

Richard Bond (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Jackson, Christiansen, deChabert

Now you are talking. These families are very well known.
Call up historian Erik Lawaetz his wife is Jenny
Christiansen 1-340-773-1042 Also the director of the St
Croix Landmarks Society is doing a booklet on de Chaberts

Surname Jackson

Leslie Taylor (View posts)
Posted: 20 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Jackson, Messer
Hello Iris. I don't know if there is a connection but I guess that's why we are on this site. My great grandfather's name is Samuel Jackson from St. Croix. I don't know who his parents are. I've been told he might be a brother to an Elvina Jackson or Clara Jackson. Samuel also married Leonora Messer. I believe he emigrated to New York City maybe in 1910. I just came from St. Croix in July on the 6 - 13. It was my first time. We had a family reunion. It was lovely. Can't wait to go back. I also know that name Christiansen. I think they are linked to some Hansens. Well anyway let me know. Thanks.

Jackson Family Tree

Myron Jackson (View posts)
Posted: 12 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Jackson, Cooper
Dear Cousin Iris,

My name is Myron Jackson the great great great grandson of
George Edmund Jackson, who was the father of Issac, who was the father of Elias Jackson and Peter G. Jackson. Your grandfather Ignatius Jackson, and my grandfather Ohanio Jackson, were first cousins. For over twenty-five years I have been working on our family tree and I am happy to see their is a family member interested in our family history.

My grandfather was born on the island of St. Croix in the year 1899. As a young man he relocated to the island of St. Thomas. On sure thing was he kepted in touch with our beloved Cousin Ignatius and family members on St. Croix. This tradition we still continue to this day.

As I have been told by the elders in our family the Carib Indian part of our family come from the female line known to us a Grannie Kate. Her given name was Cathrine Copper, born on St. Croix abt 1850 (born after Emancipation). It appears that her family were mixed and may have been originally from the town of Christiansted, and later relocated to Frederiksted. It is here that she may have meet her husband Issac Jackson,born in Frederiksted abt.1846. His father George E. Jackson was born in Frederiksted abt 1814. Due to the free status his mother at the time of his birth he received Free status. His mother's name was Elisabeth Schampin born on St. Croix a slave abt. 1787. Her mother was born in Africa. This fact I unveiled during my recent summer trip to the Danish National Archives, in Copenhagen, Denmark.

I was able to trace the Jackson family to George and meet a road block. I requested the assistance of Dr. Sven Holsoe,Historian, and he was able to provided the link to George's mother. I took it from there and I am still trying to piece this extensive family web together.

Hope to here from you soon Iris and if you desire to talk by telephone you may call and Aunt Enid will provide you with my telephone number, or e-mail me a message.

Take good care and warmest regards to your mother and family.

Cousin Myron
Charlotte Amalie, St. THomas

Re: Jackson, Christian

Posted: 28 Nov 2008 10:47PM GMT
dear iris i am the son of marion jackson her farther was ignatius Jackson as well as brother as well as the name peter comes up i have a picture of my mother family, my great great grand farther was a policeman in st croix Frederiksted, United States Virgin Islands so pleas contact me at armycat26@aol.com

Re: Jackson Family Tree

Posted: 28 Nov 2008 10:54PM GMT
my name is lawrence morris my mother name was marion jackson her farther name is ignatius jackson as well as her brother i think there farther name was peter jackson yes they were of very light skin so contact me for more info

Posted: 29 Nov 2008 2:05AM GMT
dear iris the people you are talking about mite be my family also my mother is marion jackson from same place with same family background you can contact me at armycat26@aol.com o by the way my name is lawrence n morris im in texas by my morther was marry i nyc and my great grand was a policeman

Posted: 29 Nov 2008 2:46AM GMT
my family has told me that there is a iris that is my Aunt Lucille??? is this her if it is im lawrence morris one of marion jackson son from new york city now in texas if so i can be contacted at armycat26aol.com or any one that mite know the rest of my family
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions