Search for content in message boards

William Abner Eddy

William Abner Eddy

Peter Doan (View posts)
Posted: 2 Feb 2001 10:18AM GMT
Does anyone have any information on William Abner Eddy? He was one of the world's most foremost authorities on kites. I believe he is buried in New Jersey.

I would like to hear from anyone who could help me.

Peter.Doan@dsbn.edu.on.ca

Eddy Family

Posted: 5 Feb 2001 5:27PM GMT
Edited: 19 Dec 2002 4:16PM GMT
Hi Peter, it was nice talking with you today and i do have some info for you.
WILLIAM ABNER EDDY (Herman, Seth,Samuel, Samuel, Samuel, Obadiah, Samuel, William)
b. Jan. 28, 1850 New York City; d. Dec. 26, 1909, m. Apr. 21, 1887 Jersey City, Cynthia Sophia Huggins b. Dec. 6, 1856 New York; d. Nov. 16, 1922 Bayonne N.J., d/o Augustus Huggins who was the son of Zadok and Anna (Morrison)Huggins and grandson of Joseph and Rebecca (Eddy) Morrison.
Child: Margaret Doubleday Eddy b. Jan. 11, 1888 New York City, never married and now lives in Bayonne, N.J.
Ref: The Eddy Family in America 1930 publication page 641-642
You would do well to obtain a copy of this book as it goes into detail about his family all the way back to William Eddy.
Glad I could help you Nelson

William Abner Eddy

Peter Doan (View posts)
Posted: 9 Feb 2001 4:14PM GMT
Nelson :

Very helpful. Thank you. I am sending you some information in the mail on William Abner Eddy which might be of some interest to you. I am wondering if W. A. had any brothers or sisters - would you mind looking this up for me?

Thanks again.

Peter

Eddy family

Posted: 9 Feb 2001 5:05PM GMT
Yes he had several, they are as follows;
Jerome H., Adelbert Seth, Herman James, by his first wife; the following by his second wife who were
Ulysses Doubleday, William Abner, Thomas Augustus, Mary Millicent, and Lillian Eddy
THEY WERE THE CHILDREN OF
Herman James Eddy and Abigail Bull and Herman and Amanda Doubleday.
Ref: The Eddy family in America 1930 book, page 417 Nelson

Eddy family

Posted: 14 Feb 2001 5:51PM GMT
Hi Peter, Thanks for the paper you had sent to me. I have checked throught all of my Eddy Family in America publications and there was nothing that might lead you to your thinkings on the kite making and so forth. but I would suggest hat you WWW.EDDYFAMILY.COM and follow through as I am sure that the Eddy Family in America Association will have something in their files. I am not sure of there address but i think that it is Eddyville, Mass.

William Abner Eddy

Peter Doan (View posts)
Posted: 15 Feb 2001 5:07AM GMT
Nelson :

I shall follow up on that. Many thanks again for all your valuable assistance. Hope you enjoyed the articles.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions