Search for content in message boards

Cemetery or location

Cemetery or location

Posted: 17 Apr 2013 4:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
My father had written some information regarding the death of my greatgrand mother, he put buried in Gravehill, Augusta County, Virginia. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Re: Cemetery or location

Posted: 7 Aug 2013 5:29AM GMT
Maybe he meant Green Hill?

Posted: 7 Aug 2013 11:46PM GMT
Thanks I have tried that. I will keep looking.

Posted: 8 Aug 2013 4:42AM GMT
If you give me the name and date if you have it, I have tons of Augusta County Deaths. obituaries and cemetery records I will be happy to help.

Glenda

Posted: 8 Aug 2013 2:25PM GMT
Surnames: Beard
Glenda, may I impose on your good graces? You mentioned access to Augusta County obituaries. My great grandfather, John F. Beard, widower, of Staunton, was buried September 20, 1887,leaving 2 minor sons. Can you provide any information?

Posted: 12 Aug 2013 12:45AM GMT
Edited: 12 Aug 2013 12:47AM GMT
Surnames: Harlow, Shifflett, Jackson
Glenda,
Would you be willing to look up a few of my ancestors who lived in Augusta Co? I am searching for a John Harrison Shifflett who may have just went by Harrison Shiflett/Shiflet/Shifflett
I believe that he died between 1923 and 1930. The 1930 census has his children living with their Rholetta/Loretta May or Roletta Harlow's uncle and siblings. I also lost tract of Rholetta Harlow Shifflett during the same time period. The daughter Mary Susan Shifflett Jackson lived with the sibling in the 1940 (Pastures district, South of Rd. 601, Virginia) census. Also the son Leo Alexander Shifflett was living near them with his first wife. This has been a huge brick wall for me and any help you might give would be greatly appreciated.
Cathy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic