Search for content in message boards

Setaro lineage

Setaro lineage

Erin Mulrane (View posts)
Posted: 14 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Setaro
I am curious about the Setaro lineage in Italy if anyone has any information.

Re: Setaro lineage

Posted: 9 Feb 2005 6:34PM GMT
Edited: 24 Sep 2006 6:48PM GMT
Surnames: Setaro
My name is Dawn-Marie(Setaro) Murray There are alot of Setaros in Italy as I have come to find out during my research. My relatives lived in Potenza and Accettura. They came to the US in the late 1800's. They then resided in New York until my fathers generation when we all spread out.I went to Italy last summer and found that the Setaro surname is very prevelant-My grandfather once told me that Setaro meant silk-maker.I found an article in groves opera dictionary that has a Niccola Setaro that had an opera company and went to Spain and Portugal where he was executed for performing when he was not supposed to. I don't know if he is a distant common relative but I thought it was interesting. Dawn-Marie (Setaro) Murray

Re: Setaro lineage

silvana setaro (View posts)
Posted: 23 Sep 2006 8:22AM GMT
Surnames: setaro
I read your message, and I agree with you: Setaro family is very prelevant. There was many men of church on our family. It's true that it means silk - makers and I am looking for all the relatives. The Setaro of my family came from San Pietro al Tanagro (near Salerno). Here in Salerno was the origin of the family. Write to me, I have more information.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic