Search for content in message boards

LeGace

LeGace

Jill Edwards (View posts)
Posted: 28 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: LeGace, Legace, Legacy, Lagace, Lagasse
I'm looking for information about the LeGace family. My great great grandmother, born Amelie Vautrin, 1840 in Ft. Langley, married a man named LeGace, and had three children with him, Susan, Amelia, and a son. According to family history, the father and son drowned in the Fraser River, probably in the mid to late 1860s. Amelie Vautrin LeGace later married Samuel Handy and had several more children with him. Any information appreciated.
Posted: 7 Feb 2013 4:34PM GMT
Have you had any luck yet? I hope you are still on here. Cheers! :)

I may have some information, if your Sam Handy was of Mill Bay and Shawnigan Lake area, on Vancouver Island.

Re: LeGace Handy

Posted: 8 Feb 2013 5:20AM GMT
Edited: 8 Feb 2013 5:24AM GMT
Surnames: LeGace Handy

Re: LeGace Handy

Posted: 9 Feb 2013 1:52AM GMT
Hey....

Yes...thats the family. I have contact with an elder in this family and he has shared much with me already. I will ask his permission to write it all down....from Sam Handy and the deaths in the Fraser River all the way to Sam's death and buruial. I have knowledge ...just from chatting to this elder in this family. I am not related in any way (as far as I know...LOL) but he has many ties to old families on the island and Fort Langley. So, I have to talk toi him soon, if I am to get the whole story from him. He is very proud of his heritage and shares, but I never asked to share his story.... first things first...pewrmission. :)

Cheers, Rocky
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions