Search for content in message boards

BOYD and related Families

BOYD and related Families

Charlie (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BOYD
Seeking a "Roll Call" of all researchers of BOYD and related Families of Hall Co., Ga. and North Ga. Would like to share any and all information to link families in 1800's to present.

Boyd families

Posted: 20 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:12PM GMT
Surnames: Boyd, Brackett, England, Merritt
Hello,
I am searching for my GGGrandparents, James Boid(Boyd) b. abt 1791 and Susannah(Susana) b. abt 1795. James Boyd is listed on the Union Co, GA census in 1850 from NC and Susana from SC. James and Susana had the following children on the 1850 Union Co, GA census: (1) Pinkney Boyd b. abt 1832,( m. Amanda England in 1854, in Union Co); (2) Alefery Boyd b. abt 1833, (m. Elija Holden, 1854, Union Co, GA); and (3) Betsey Boyd b.1835. There could have been more children as there were other Boyd families on the census of Union Co, and were of the age that they could have been children of James and Susana. I have included all the Boyd families on the 1840-1860 census and early marriages listed in Union Co. GA, for Boyds. (see as listed)

Early Union CO, GA Marriages for Boyds:
Boyde, Caroline m. Alfred Butt - Oct 20, 1839
Boyd, D.F m. Laura Davis - Feb 29, 1840
Boyd, Johaim(Johannan) m. Mary E. Cannon - May 22, 1845
Boyd, Pinkney m. Amanda/Arminda England - Aug 17, 1854
Boyd, Robert m. Susan Field - Dec 9, 1847
Boyd, Uelzora m. Wiley Shuttle - Jun 8, 1853
Boyd, Alefery(Alefor) m. Elija Holden - Sep 7, 1854 (Alefery is listed in the 1850 Union Co Census as daughter of James and Susan Boid)

1840 Union Co, GA Census
B. F. Boyd 00lll-0l0l

1850 Union Co., GA Census
Francis Boyd 36 NC (owns 1 slave) (could this be James Boid/Boyd's son?)
Sarah 28 ALA

Johannan(Johaim) Boyd 23 NC (could this be James Boid/Boyd's son?)
Mary (Cannon) 22
James 2
Lewis l
Nancy Cannon 51

Robert Boid 24 NC (could this be James Boid/Boyd's son?)
Susan (Field) 17 NC
Nancy l

James Boid 59 NC(owns 8 slaves)
Susan 55 Unk
Pinkney 20 NC
Alefery (F) 17 NC
Betsey 15 NC

Boyd, James 70 M NC
Boyd, Susannah 65 F SC

Boyd, Pinkney 28 M NC(s/o James Boid /1850 Union Co Census / served in CSA
Boyd, Arminda J.(England) 30 F NC (Pinkney m. Arminda Union Co,1854)
Boyd, Harriet U. 4 F NC
must have moved back to NC if Harriet was born there and then returned
to GA., or a mistake by the census taker)

1870 (found -0- for Boyd) I do not have access for census beyond 1870
for Union Co, GA

*Note: Pinkney Boyd, my GGgrandfather had at least one other son born
after the 1860 census. This was Joseph Coleman Boyd b. 1868(my Greatg) who
married Nellie Merritt of White Co, GA. Joseph Coleman and Nellie were living in the household of Jeptha and Delilah Underwood Merritt when the 1900 census was taken in White Co, GA, along with their children Nina, Lester, Leonard, Pauline and Lena Boyd, my Grandmother married John Thomas "Emory" Brackett abt 1910 of Union Co, GA. Lena and "Emory" Brackett lived in Union Co, GA. Joseph Coleman and Nellie Boyd, Lena's parents along with her siblings migrated to Paulding Co, GA, abt 1920-30's where they remained.
I welcome all leads and information leading to the parents of James Boyd and the maiden name of his wife Susana/Sussanah/Susan , or any identification of
the above families. What were the relationships, if any. Where did they relocate?
Thank you and best regards,
Betty Brackett Knight e-mail bettyknight@hotmail.com

Close

Boyd Family

Posted: 20 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 30 May 2005 11:53AM GMT
Surnames: Boyd, Cromer, Rooks, Barrett, Willard, King, Hood, Hutchins, Ellison
Ebenezer (1816-1865) and Margaret Cromer (1815-1892) Boyd were both born in South Carolina, but lived in Gwinnett (later Barrow) County by at least 1839. Hall County, being a neighboring County to Gwinnett, is a distinct possibility for residence prior to 1839. Their large family of 14 children married into the Rooks, Barrett, Willard, King, HOod, Hutchins, and Ellison families. Family tradition relates that the family came from the Charleston are of SC, but I can find no documentation to support that. Children of this family: Martha, B. 1839; John B., B. 1840; Mary Elinder, B. 1842; Margaret Jane, B. 1843; Adam, B. 1844; Rebecca Ann, B. 1846; Charlotta Caroline, B. 1847 (my GG-Grandmother); Beuna Vista, B. 1849) George Washington, B. 1849; George Washington, B. 1849; Elmira, B. 1850; Catherine America, B. 1852; Ebenezer, B. 1854; William Henry Thomas, B. 1856; George W. B. 1859.

I would like any information concerning ancestors or descendants of Ebenezer and Margaret Boyd.

Parents and siblings of Nancy BOYD.

Homer Cain (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: BOYD, CAIN
Seeking information on the parents and siblings of Nancy BOYD, who was born in South Carolina, in the year 1820. I have unconfirmed information that Nancy's father was named William BOYD, Sr., and the name of her mother unknown. Nancy married Green Washington CAIN (1816-1886) in Hall County, Georgia, on February 22, 1838. Of this union there were thirteen children. Nancy and Green lived in Forsyth County, Georgia, during the 1840 and 1850 censuses and in Murray County, Georgia, during the 1860, 1870 and 1880 censuses. Nancy (BOYD) CAIN died in February of 1895, in Spring Place, Murray County, Georgia. I would appreciate any information that is available on Nancy.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Homer Cain

Boyd's in Hall County

Larry Boyd (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: BOYD, BURTON, WIER, FOSTER, NORRIS
My 4th greatgrandfather James Boyd and his wife Agnus Nancy Wier Boyd moved into Hall County, Georgia around 1816 from South Carolina. They were both from Ireland. They came into the county with their son William Boyd, who was married to Elizabeth Burton in SC and a daughter Margaret Boyd. Margaret would later marry a Foster and move to Alabama.

This is just a brief history. For more detailed information, please visit website listed elsewhere in this message.

Global Surname Search

Posted: 24 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 20 Jun 2002 5:53PM GMT
Surnames: Barrett, Willard, King, Ellison
Hi Linda: I am a descendant of the Willard line and have
data on BARRETT, WILLARD, KING & ELLISON.
Probably none of the ones you're looking for but with the
similarity of names grouped, possible. Let me know if you
will. I have over 6600 relatives and some of them were in
South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, Illinois and Mo.

CLYDE WILLARD

William Barrett b 1856

Phyllis Johnson Kimbral (View posts)
Posted: 31 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Barrett, Beck, Johnson, Jinks
I have my gggrandfather as William Barrett b 1856 who married Hannah or Annah Beck. They had eight children Sarah Elizabeth (my ggrandmother), Robert (Rob), Charles (Charlie), Lovie, Enoch, Albert, and I don't know the other two. Any connection or help?

ARMINDA J. ENGLAND

Posted: 26 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 Sep 2001 5:42AM GMT
Surnames: ENGLAND, CONNER
I have an Arminda Jane ENGLAND in my family, but she was born in 1831 - Cherokee Nation East (could have been Georgia as her father, David ENGLAND, received a reservation for life in behalf of his Cherokee wife, Susannah CONNER ENGLAND, in Georgia. The family was removed to Indian Territory on the Trail of Tears in 1838-39. They settled in Benton County, Arkansas and the Delaware District of the Cherokee Nation, Indian Territory. My Arminda would have been 1/4 Cherokee. The coincidence is remarkable as Arminda is a rather unusual name. Please let me know if you figure out the connection (if any.) Linda Brooks, Ft. Gibson, OK

Boyd/Rooks connection

Posted: 6 Feb 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jul 2002 9:07PM GMT
Surnames: Boyd, Rooks
Linda-
Hall County being between Jackson Co and Gwinnett/Barrow, it would stand to reason George W Rooks (b.circa 1837)who hailed from Jackson Co. could have met Martha Boyd before settling in the Gwinnett/Barrow Co. area. I have suspected the tie in with my Rooks, but have just recently found proof by way of George W. Rooks' (b.1859)death certificate on file in Barrow Co. Probate Court. The death certificate listed father: George Rooks; mother: Martha Boyd. Please contact me if you would like to compare notes. Now that I have another generation back, I'll try to look for further information on the ancestors. Deborah M Patrick

Re: BOYD and related Families

Posted: 8 Aug 2001 7:38PM GMT
Surnames: boyd
My 3rd great grandmother was Elizabeth Boyd, b. abt. 1811-1815. She married Adam Calhoun, in Lumpkin 09/15/1837. I think she was born in SC, but may have lived in Hall County with her family before they moved to Lumpkin County, GA. I am trying to find her parent's family. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions