Search for content in message boards

searching for ancestors

searching for ancestors

John william Bean (View posts)
Posted: 21 May 2000 8:12PM GMT
This is my greatgrandfather, He was married to Laberta Trumbo. He was born around 1860 and apparently lived around hepner va when my grandfather Archie Samuel Bean was born in 1889. I cannot find any info. on him. If anyone know anything about him i would greatly appreciate it. :))

VA/NC Beans

Posted: 14 Jun 2000 9:50AM GMT
Edited: 7 May 2002 1:53PM GMT
Hey, John! My North Carolina Beans are hard to trace, too. The only cemetery I have found has almost been covered by an Alcoa dam and its resulting lake. But don't give up. What Beans lack in records, they seem to more than make up in interesting and exciting lives.

Re: VA/NC Beans

Posted: 29 Jun 2001 3:42AM GMT
Edited: 8 Aug 2001 3:32AM GMT
Surnames: Carrick, Bean, Davis, Snider, Sullivan, Carmichael
Where in VA and NC are your ancestors from? I am researching Beans from Rowan/Davidson Co., NC and I believe they came from VA with a Carrick family. My gr-gr-gr-grandfather was Joseph Carrick Bean b. 1819 and his parents were Hezekiah and Elizabeth Carrick Bean. Elizabeth was from Fairfax Co., VA. I have not found Hezekiah's parents yet. Like you said previously, the Beans are hard to find. My uncle always says, "Those Beans liked to run from the census takers.". I have numerous other Beans from NC if you are interested.

Marcia Carmichael Bradbury
marciemarie1@juno.com

Kathy Davis (View posts)
Posted: 6 Oct 2001 9:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for Beans that were in Loudon and Fairfax counties in Virginia. My ggg grandmother Ruth Bean was born in 1821 in Fairfax Co. and when she was 12 they moved to Loudon Co. Her father's name was Stephen and he married a woman whom I believe was named Wilda. (could be a nickname). Somehow Ruth ended up in Franklin Co., Indiana where she married my ggggrandfather George Fish. They lived in Franklin Co., Indiana all their married lives. I have had no luck in locating Stephen Bean. Does any of this ring a bell or is there somewhere I could look? Thanks.

Marcia Carmichael Bradbury (View posts)
Posted: 6 Oct 2001 10:55PM GMT
Surnames: Bean, Carrick
According to my uncle who lives in Davidson Co., NC, our family of Beans moved from Fairfax Co., VA to NC along with another family that we are related to with the surname of Carrick. I have not been able to find out who my Hezekiah Bean was related to yet. They all moved to Rowan/Davidson around 1802. The Beans are hard to track. My uncle says, "Those Beans liked to run from the census takers." Many of the other Bean researchers that I conversed with say the same thing. I feel like since yours are from Fairfax and Loudon Counties, they are bound to be related some how. If you would like me to send you some info on mine email me at MarciaBradbury@msn.com (no spaces). I am intrigued by your Bean family. Email me.
Marcia

Posted: 24 Jul 2002 2:03PM GMT
Surnames: Beans
Do you by any chance have info regarding an Asbury Beans married to Louisa Marlow. They had three children that I know of Clyde b. 1854, Clara B. 1856 (She is my Great Grandmother) and Rosie born in 1858. They lived in Loudoun county virginia at one point but that is all I can seem to find and that was in th 1910 Census. I've come to nothing but dead ends and would appreciate some help if possible.

Re: searching for ancestors

sandy (View posts)
Posted: 26 Nov 2002 7:33AM GMT
Surnames: bean
my grandfathers name was archie samuel bean please email me directly at chanceoff@aol.com his fathers name was john william bean

Posted: 30 Jul 2003 7:57PM GMT
Surnames: Bean
My family of Beans came from Caldwell and Burke counties in NC. My g-g-g-g(?)grandfather was Bartlett Bean whose father was a Richard Bean. I have not been able to get past Richard Bean as there were one or two of them. I don't know if this is of any help to you.

Posted: 16 Nov 2003 8:52PM GMT
I'm looking for clues to the Bean line of Sarah Bean, born NC about 1813. She married, abt 1830-32, George Workman (b abt 1799) of Davison Co, NC. She is my maternal g-g grandmother. George died 1854-55 in Hancock Co, IL. Sarah remarried a Campbell, immigrated to Colorado in the 1870's. George Workman and Sarah Bean had the following children: Jerusha , Daniel, Otho, Mary, Reuben, George, Sarah, James.

Posted: 7 Jan 2004 2:05AM GMT
Edited: 23 May 2004 9:59PM GMT
Surnames: Bean
Hi Marcia,
My Beans were in Rowan/Davidson/Yadkin Co from about 1800-1890. My direct line then moved to IN, but I'm sure they left lots of cousins in the East Bend Twp area. I'm related to Wm and Catherine (McCarn) Bean, who I think is brother to Whitlock Bean, s/o Richard and Chany(China?) Bean.

Any chance we're related? I could use a little help filling in holes and finding Richard's parents.

Thanks,
Michele
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions