Search for content in message boards

Jose Gonzales in New Mexico

Jose Gonzales in New Mexico

Annette Candelaria (View posts)
Posted: 19 Feb 2003 12:07AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gonzales
Hi,
I'm looking for info on Jose Gonzales. He married Maria Faustina Cordova (born around 1834) and they settled in Punta de Agua, New Mexico. They had a son named Eugenio, born in march 1865.
My husband's grandfather told me that Jose's father might have been named Ignazio Gonzales and that he came from Spain. So far I have found no proof of this.
The only other info I have so far is that Maria Faustina and her son lived in Punta with her widowed mother Josefa Trujillo in 1880. Since she was about 31 when Eugenio was born I assume she and Jose had older children.
I am very thankful if anyone out there has any info to share with me.
Annette Candelaria

Re: Jose Gonzales in New Mexico

Posted: 23 Feb 2003 7:22AM GMT
Edited: 25 Apr 2004 9:26PM GMT
Surnames: Cordova, Gonzales
I don't have information about Jose Gonzales but I am interested in his spouse, Maria Faustina CORDOVA. I collect all the Cordova information I find. Do you know her ancestry? If so, I'd appreciate your sharing.
Thanks.

Annette Candelaria (View posts)
Posted: 24 Oct 2003 4:57PM GMT
Dear Gloria,
I am sorry I haven't replied earlier, but I have been busy with a new baby and a move across the country.
I have some new info regarding Maria Faustina Cordova.
I believe her husbands full name was Jose Agustin Gonzales and that by 1880 they were separated, living in La Cienega, New Mexico.So far I only know about two children; Eulalia and Eugenio.
Maria Faustinas parents were Eugenio Cordova and Maria Josefa Trujillo.
Eugenio Cordova's family line that I have so far :

Eugenio Cordova married Maria Josefa Trujillo
I
Antonio Cordova married Maria Catarina Sedillo
I
Gregorio Cordova married Barbara Valdes
I
Lazaro Antonio de Cordova married Ana Valdez
I
Antonio de Cordova married Maria Eugenia de Herrera

I have the ancestry on some of the spouses as well if you need that info.
Now back to my original inquery. I still have no clues to where Jose Agustin Gonzales came from or who his parents were.All I know is that he was born around 1841.
Does ayone know anything about this guy??
I'd appreciate any help.
Thanks!!
Annette Candelaria

Gloria C. (View posts)
Posted: 24 Oct 2003 7:56PM GMT
Surnames: Cordova, Gonzales, Valdez(es), Montano, Montoya, Sedillo
Hello, Annette. You have been busy -- a cross country move and a baby! You have your hands full. Amazed you still found time for resarch. Good!

I have some questions about the information you posted for descendancy from Antonio de Cordoba. I'm wondering about the accuracy of the connections? Let's check your sources, and we can confirm if they are accurate. I'll share what I have in my files that makes me wonder about the accuracy of some of the information you posted.

(1) To my knowledge, I don't have a record for Antonio de Cordoba's son, Lazaro, with a son named Gregorio. I do have Gregorio married to Barbara Valdes in my database but I don't yet have parents recorded for Gegorio. If the information you posted is accurate, that would be great but I'm wondering about the accuracy of it?

(2) In my database, I have a record for one of Gregorio Cordova's and Barbara Valdes' son, Antonio Jose, but my record shows him married to Maria Casilda Aguilar.
---MARRIAGE: p. 83. NMGS Santa Clara Marriages 1726-1832. AASF #30. Frame 112. --- 28 Dec1793. Antonio Jose CORDOVA of la Canada, single, s/ Gregorio CORDOVA & Barbara BALDES, m. Casilda AGILAR (sic) , wid/ Juan Cristoval VEJIL [sic]. Wit: Pablo ERRERA [sic] & Domingo SANTISTEVAN.

I do have an Antonio Cordova married to Maria Catalina Sedillo, but I don't have a record for this Antonio's parents. The info I have for this couple is from a marriage record of one of their sons.
---PGP (paternal grandparents) in BAPTISM: NMGS Tome, vol 1, p. 285. AASF #23, frame 458-459 Pabo. Casa Colorada. --- bap 26 Feb 1829 (4 days); s/Bentura Cordova & Maria Antonia Montano;
PGP: Antonio Cordova & Catalina Sedillo;
MGP Blas Montano & Juana Sanchez;
Padrinos: Ysidro Cordova & Maria Polonia Montano. Frames 458-459

So --- I'm thinking that these Antonio men to whom you referred may be two different men named Antonio married to two different women than what you posted.

And, in my records, I have three children for the Antonio who was married to Catalina Sedillo--Blas (married to Antonia Montano), Juan Hilario, and Ysidro (married to Rafaela Montano). I only have a baptismal record for Juan Hilario so I don't know of a spouse for him. The spouses of Blas and Juan Hilario are sisters.

I also have records for Maria Faustina, daughter of Eugenio Cordova but in the record I have she is the daughter of Eugenio & Gertrudis Montoya.
---!BAPTISM: NMGS Tome Baptisms (vol. 1) 1827-1835. p. 293. Frame 487. Maria Faustina Cordova . Manzano (S.Fernando in margin),
bap 13 Feb 1830 (2 days). d/ Eugenio Cordova & Gertrudis Montoya.
gp/ Juan Ylario Sanchez & Concepcion Sanchez.

Do you have a source for the info you posted? Perhaps Eugenio married again and there is another daughter named Maria Faustina?

I'll do some more checking and see what I might come up with. Looking forward to hearing from you again.
Gloria
per page

Find a board about a specific topic