Search for content in message boards

McNallys in Belfast Northern Ireland

McNallys in Belfast Northern Ireland

Posted: 25 Oct 2002 12:22PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mcnally
I am lookin for any relatives of a Dermot Anthony Mcnally born in Belfast, Northern Ireland on the 28th of January 1934 we know his mothers name was Martha and that he had 8 brothers and sisters (dermot being the youngest) we dont know why or what happened to his parents but we do know that all their children were put in St.Winefrids childrens home in belfast, from there all the brothers and sisters were split up. We have a paper cutting of a John McNally presenting a qheque of 50 pounds to a nurse in a hospital in Belfast around 30 years ago we think that John might be one of his brothers or a connection to the family in another way. After all this Dermot moved to North Wales and got married to a Marjorie Butler they had 6 children - Elaine, Hilary, Shelagh, Susan, Stephen and Sean. Sadley Dermot passed away in 1982 aged only 48. He never managed to find any of his family & also never got to meet any of the 11 grandchildren he now has. I am 1 of those grandchildren trying to trace any of his relatives for my nan to get in touch with........If anyone has any information they could give me it would be gratefully appreciated thank you!
Laura

Re: McNallys in Belfast Northern Ireland

Doug McNally (View posts)
Posted: 27 Oct 2002 3:20PM GMT
Surnames: Mcnally, Kiloran , Kealey,McKee,
Laura while this will not be much help to you, I am searching for my roots, my great,great,grandfather Benjamin McNally emigrated from Ireland to Quebec Canada, prior to 1849,( Born in 1818). His fathers name was John McNally, and his mother who was deceased by 1849 was named Polly French I think. As names are often passed down I related to your John McNally. It appears that John McNally was from county "Dalloy" according to a hand written wedding notice. I am unable to find this county but do have information that indicates Ben may have been from Northeren Ireland. If in your search you go back in history and find anything that might connect please let me know at doug.mcnally@sympatico.ca

ckennedy (View posts)
Posted: 5 Mar 2003 11:07PM GMT
Surnames: McCormick McNally Lockhart
I am also looking for McNally My Grandmother was Dora McNally from Hartley Street in Belfast She died in about 1931 or 1932 when my mother was only 5 years old . she was married to Ernest McCormick and they had 3 older children. my mother was taken in by dora sister Maggie McNally whose married name was Lockhart not sure of spelling of this name but they had 12 children already when they took in my mother and they lived in Meter Street which I believe to have been of the Shankhill Road Can this help you or anyone else reading this can you help me with either those street names or the school name was The Hammer that my mother attended when she lived in meter Street not sure how this was spelt when she went to live with Maggie. Hope someone can help. Cheers

Posted: 15 Aug 2008 6:21AM GMT
Surnames: McNally
The John Mcnally you talk about was he born in 1915-1916
and then ended up in Englang ..???? My grandfather was a John McNally we don't know where he was born but in 1945 he was 29 years .

Thanks Samantha Baotwood Australia

Posted: 12 Jun 2014 2:18PM GMT
Im also looking for my Uncle Blakely McNally or any off his kids i was born in Belfast in 1955 on the Shankhill road but move when i was 2 years old my Dad Martin McNally joined the RAF and pass away in Libya . Any help would be great as i was sure like to meet up with any off them .
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions