Search for content in message boards

MARSHALL/NEWMAN

MARSHALL/NEWMAN

Dawn Eighmey (View posts)
Posted: 11 Feb 2005 2:03AM GMT
Classification: Query
Seeking descendants of John MARSHALL b about 1828 Riverside, Northumberland, PA and Mary NEWMAN b. 1832 Riverside, Northumberland, PA.
I am a descendant of their son John B. MARSHALL and His Wife Laura VAN GILDER. any help anyone can give me on either of these families would be greatly appreciated. thank you. dawn

Re: MARSHALL/NEWMAN

Posted: 12 Feb 2005 7:31PM GMT
Surnames: MARSHALL, SHUMAN
Hi Dawn, I am also tracing MARSHALL ancestors in Northumberland County, PA. I don't want to confuse things by adding unnecessary info - and I know there are a lot of Marshalls! - but let me throw out some of my data anyway. Perhaps a name or place will ring a bell. There is no John that I know of at the time you mention but I am open to the idea that there could be...I do have a William, b. 1821, who later married a Magdalena (surname unknown). They had a son, John, born about 1844 and died 1866 (and another son, George b about 1854 who married Mary Shuman. There probably are other children I just have not located them yet.)

You see, this William is as far back as I have been able to go...perhaps he had a brother named John. William and his wife Magdalena are buried in St. John's Union Cemeter (due North of Watsontown). They lived in that area, I believe, most of their lives.

If you or anyone else can identify these family members I would very much appreciate it. Thanks, Sharon

Dawn (View posts)
Posted: 13 Feb 2005 12:34AM GMT
I don't find a connection. John is as far back as I get right now. He has a son named john b. If I find a connection I will let you know. thanks. good luck hunting. dawn

Kathi (View posts)
Posted: 13 Feb 2005 1:04PM GMT
I checked St. John's Church records and found two marraiges and nine baptisms before the year 1899. There are also nine Marshalls buried in the cemetery. I am not related, however, at least not yet!(everyone who lives here is connected some way) If you don't have the info, e-mail me directly or I can post it on the board.
Kathi

Dawn (View posts)
Posted: 14 Feb 2005 1:52AM GMT
thank you very much, i do not have this information and would greatly appreciate it. thanks again. miss dawn eighmey

Deborah (View posts)
Posted: 25 Sep 2005 3:24AM GMT
Surnames: Marshall, Winkelman, Zeluff, Miller, Riegel
If you are referring to St. John's in Northumberland, PA and the Marshalls in those records...... I am related to this particular MARSHALL line. John and Barbara (Winkelman) Marshall were my Ggrandparents. If you have information on this family, like the origins of Daniel Marshall, John's father, I would like to correspond further. Thanks,
Deborah

Posted: 29 Dec 2012 10:24PM GMT
Can you please provide more information about the marriage of John Marshall and Mary Newman? I am a Newman researcher and am trying to investigate Newmans from this area. If you can get me whatever sources you have, i'd appreciate it greatly,

Thanks,

John Newman
per page

Find a board about a specific topic