Search for content in message boards

Lyman Hall: signed Declaration Of Independence

Robert M Easton Jr OD FAAO (View posts)
Posted: 9 Dec 2000 8:23PM GMT
Dear Hall Family:

My Grandmother; Nola Geiger Saxon, was married to Raliegh Lyman Saxon. Grandma always told me that I was a decendent of Lyman Hall, who signed the Declaration of Indepenedence. I would like to trace that lineage with your help. Thanks,

Robert Morrell Easton Jr

Lyman Hall

Donald Edward Hall (View posts)
Posted: 15 Dec 2000 10:44AM GMT
Lyman Hall never had any children. He died in Burke County, Georgia and was buried thier and later moved to Augusta, Ga. His wife remarried. She is still buried on the old family farm in Burke County.

LYMAN HALL of CT later GA

Posted: 19 Dec 2000 1:33PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2002 2:19AM GMT
Please contact me privately at ednorahall@aol.com for additional background about Lyman Hall if you have an interest.
I to was told by family history, Lyman Hall was an ancestor (brother) of an ever so great grandfather of mine. Unfortunately I found such was not the case but other members of the family have found it hard to believe.
From the book "Lyman Hall 1724-1790" by Frank Willing Leach 1855-1943 the following: Lyman Hall signer of the Declaration of Independence from Georgia was born at Wallingford, CT 12 April 1724, the son of John and Mary Street Hall. He married (1) Abigail Burr (1729-1753), daughter of Thaddeus and Abigail Burr, in 1752. He married (2) Mary Osborn, daughter of Samuel and Hanah Conch Osborn in 1759. They had one son, John who died before 1793. Lyman Hall died in Georgia in 1790. No descedants of John. There were no children by the first marriage.

Lyman Hall

Jack Hall (View posts)
Posted: 19 Dec 2000 1:33PM GMT
I am not certain, but I believe that most of the pedigree of Lyman Hall is on the Hall forum in Genforum (genforum.com). Lyman did have a son, but he died at age 12 and he was an only child, so NONE of us can be a direct descendant.

It must be a professional trait- I am also an optometrist!
Jack Hall
eyesguy@aol.com

Lyman Hall

Posted: 19 Dec 2000 3:03PM GMT
Ed:

My Grandfather was Raleigh Lyman Saxon. His mother was a Hall. He always claimed he was part of Lyman Hall's family lineage. I have always boasted that we were related because what Grand Daddy said. Do you think Lyman may have had a Mistress?

Thanks Bob

Lyman Hall

Posted: 20 Dec 2000 2:46PM GMT
Dear Bob:
Anything is possible but I am of the opinion the Lyman Hall line died with the death of the son of Lyman. Lyman had 3 brothers and 6 sisters. Could it be your relationship is to one of them? The story told by your grandfather being a "slight" enlargement of the truth?
Or could it be we have a common ancestor? My family had the Lyman Hall story around begining in at least the 1860s. Do you have any information about the parents, brothers, sisters of the female Hall who was a mother to your grandfather Raleigh Lyman Saxon? She could be some of my relation. Please tell me what you know about her and the Hall family.
Perhaps this exchange should be continued off this board. My email address is ednorahall@aol.com

Posted: 23 Dec 2000 8:07PM GMT
Ed:

Raleigh Lyman Saxon was the son of Frank Saxon and Elizabeth Hall who were Floridians. I am trying to research back on the Saxon and Hall line. Hope this helps,

Bob

Elizabeth Hall - Florida

Posted: 24 Dec 2000 9:02PM GMT
Dear Bob
Not a lot of help without DOB for Elizabeth Hall and place she lived in Florida.
I have a Edgar A Hall Jr b. 17 July 1887 in IL who died 2 Dec 1967 Dade Co FL. Wife named Gladys D b. 23 Aug 1886 d. Dec 1980 in Dade Co.
No information about children of Edgar Gladys. Elizabeth might be one if her DOB was 1915 - 1925. Can you supply any more info about her or her parents? ED

Elizabeth Hall

Posted: 25 Dec 2000 2:00PM GMT
Dear Ed:

I will contact my Mom to gather more information. She has been unable to provide much information. However, she knows people in the family that may know. Hopefully, they are still alive.

Thanks for your help,

Robert Morrell Easton Jr

Lyman Hall

Harrell Eugene Hall (Gene) (View posts)
Posted: 4 Apr 2001 12:25PM GMT
Hi, I too have been told am a desendent of Lyman Hall, I have nothing to validate this, just stories from family. Was told that he was hung. Hope to hear from you
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions