Search for content in message boards

Williams----Wales to NC, SC to Tennessee?

Williams----Wales to NC, SC to Tennessee?

Posted: 15 Jul 2000 7:01AM GMT
Edited: 23 Jul 2001 3:37PM GMT
Hello, I have found my family in Hickman County Tennessee. John Williams b. Bet.1816 to 1825, Wife Loucinda b. abt 1825. Many children-George W., William, Polly or Mary, Milly, John, Dicy, Amanda,and Thomas As.
I was talking to one of the older members of my family and she recalls the story of four Williams bothers coming from Wales England. They attended school in the East and then went their separate ways. Canada, NY, NC and one to SC. This would have occoured prior to 1800. If you have heard anything like this story please let me know per e mail.
Thanks, Lola

Williams from Wales/Scotland

Posted: 22 Jul 2000 9:05PM GMT
Edited: 26 Sep 2001 6:52PM GMT
We too were told the story of four bros. who
came from Wales/Scotland and went seperate ways. My husbands line is from William C.
Williams b. 1795 S.C. m. Susan(Susanna?)family oral tradition says she was daughter of Indian chief. If this ties in with any of
your info, please e-mail me.

Williams Brothers from Wales

Posted: 23 Jul 2000 7:01AM GMT
Edited: 23 Jul 2001 3:37PM GMT
Hi Martha,
There may be a connection, I hope so. In the Hickman Co. census there is a woman I suspect of being the mother of John (the last in the line I am sure of). Her name was Docia Williams. The census said she was from S.C. I have also been told there was Indian blood somewhere.
Also I have noticed a tendency to use the same names generation after generation. William (Bill) Williams was my great grandfather. Born abt 1851. He had a brother named George Washington and he named his son George Washington. Bill's father was John and he had a brother named John. Perhaps Bill was named after your William.
I hope we can make a connection.
Lola

Williams Bros from Wales

Posted: 23 Jul 2000 1:30PM GMT
Edited: 26 Sep 2001 6:52PM GMT
Hi Lola,
There is also a George Washington who signed
a treaty for the Lower Muscogee Creek's that
is in my husbands line. I read about him in a
book on treaties, and now i can't find the]
book. His wife was ---Bell Turner, Creek Indian. You may email me at greydove@ala.net. We need to exchange info.
Thanks for your reply.
Lola

WILLIAMS FAMILY

Posted: 23 Jul 2000 6:28PM GMT
Edited: 30 Jun 2001 5:34PM GMT
I AM LOOKING FOR A MARIAH ELLEN WILLIAMS WHO MARRIED A FRANKLIN COOK IN 1887 IN NICHOLAS CO. WEST VIRGINIA. ON THE 1880 CENSUS IT SHOW WHO I THINK TO BE HER AS 12. HER FATHER IS WILLIAM WILLIAMS AND HIS WIFE IS MARY. IT SHOWS HER HAVING A BROTHER GEORGE W. AGE 15. COULD THIS BE YOUR GEORGE WASHINGTON. WE HAVE ALSO BEEN TOLD THAT THERE WAS INDIAN BLOOD IN THE FAMILY BROUGHT IN BY A WOMEN AND THEY THINK THE NAME WAS WILLIAMS. OLDER RELATIVES ARE HAVING TROUBLE REMEMBERING. PLEASE HAVE SOME INFO. RELATIVES ARE GETTING OLD AND REALLY WANT TO KNOW THEIR ROOTS. MY EMAIL IS COOKS23896@CS.COM

Williams-Indian Blood

Donna Kumpf (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jul 2000 8:49AM GMT
Good morning Lisa,

I have following info:George Washington Summers, b.2 Oct 1870, in Franklin, IL.,d.29 Nov 1949 in West City, IL;married 18 Oct
1891 in Franklin Co., IL., to Rebecca Williams. b.11 Jan 1870, d.8 May 1931 in West City, IL. Now the story I have from my father is that Rebecca was either half or full blooded Cherokee. I do not have parents of Rebecca. My Dad also said there was a possibility Rebecca or her father and mother, (especially mother-because that was where the Indian blood came in, could have been born in AZ or NC Indian Territory. I have found only one Rebecca Williams in a data base of the five civilized tribes, and if I'm not mistaken I found this list through "cyndislist.com/native.htm. If any of this is connected please let me known, one way or another.
Thanks,
Donna

REBECCA WILLIAMS

Posted: 27 Jul 2000 11:27AM GMT
Edited: 30 Jun 2001 5:34PM GMT
I HAVE A POEM FROM A BOOK FROM THE NICHOLAS CO WEST VIRGINIA HISTORICAL SOCIETY THAT IS ABOUT A WILLIAMS FAMILY WO LIVED ON TWENTY MILE CREEK I AM PRETTY SURE THIS IS THE FAMILY I AM LOOKING FOR. IT IS WILLIAM WILLIAMS WHO HAD A SON WILLIAM WHO HAD A DAUGHTHER MARIAH WHO WE FOUND IN THE 1880 CENSUS IN NICHOLAS CO. THE STORY IN THINK IS ABOUT WILLIAM WILLIAMS WHO MARRIED ELIZABETH JONES. ITANOTHER ARTICLE PRETAINING TO THIS SAME FAMILY TALKED OF SOME BEING IN IL. THER FIRST STORY TALKED ABOUT WILLIAM HAVEING A GRIST MILL AND ALSO LISTED HIS CHILDREN AND ONE OF THE GIRLS WAS REBECCA. I FOUND A LOT OF WILLIAM WILLIAMS ON THE INDIAN ROLLS. I ALSO FOUND A GIRL CALLED NERVIE ON ONE OF THE ROLLS AND IN THE 1880 CENSUS THERE IS A SISTER OF MARIAH'S NAMED NERVY. THIS MAKES ME HOPE THIS IS THE SAME FAMILY WITH A NAME LIKE NERVY. I HAVE TO DO SOME MORE CHECKING.

LISA COOK
COOKS238986@C.COM

Wales-Mass.-NC-Tn.

Posted: 30 Jul 2000 9:27AM GMT
Edited: 29 Jul 2003 2:05PM GMT
Guess all Williams lines were told the story of the 4 bro. [me too] Mine was Edmund with maybe a bro named George father Robert/Roger ?? Edmund 1730c.Wales to Mass. to NC land grants in Tn. [Washington/Carter Co. Tn.] m)Lucretia Adams..d.1795 have will..
Issues; Joshua=Sam;'H.=George=Archibald=Lavinia *my line*=Triphenia=Sarah John. Do any of these ring a bell. Appreciate response.
Louise----jasonsem@aol.com

williams

sharon Hensley (View posts)
Posted: 6 Aug 2000 8:41PM GMT
I am searching for Polly Sue or Mary Polly williams M. to Lifus Roberson They lived in Macon County N.C. Polly was native american. On the 1880 census for Macon County there is Sara who is listed as mother in law, and a Phillip and Stacey Williams. Polly is my gggrandmother.

Williams--N.C.

Alon Williams (View posts)
Posted: 7 Aug 2000 3:01PM GMT
Hello,I am searching for the Parents and sibligs of William Williams,b.N.C.,1796.
He came out of Ga.and settled in Clarke Co.
Al.aroung 1818.He married Nancy Loftin,dau.
of John Loftin of Clarke Co.Al.in 1820.Family
history says that he came out of the Carolina
's to Al,and that the William,s family came
from Wales.He was a Ginwright,a millwright
and a Blacksmith.His children's names were;
William Bryant--John Giles,--Samuel Loftin,--
Epsey,--Elizabeth,--Nancy,--George Washington
--Margaret,--Malessa,--Rebecca.
Could he be part of your Family.
Any information appreciated.
Thank you,
Alon Williams
acw@lawtonok.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions