Search for content in message boards

Gregory line from Pasquatank and Camden, NC Counties to Princess Anne, VA

Gregory line from Pasquatank and Camden, NC Counties to Princess Anne, VA

Posted: 30 Jul 2007 10:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gregory, Gunn
Looking for info to staighten out the Gregory lines in this area of North Carolina. Many moved to Princess Anne County in VA. Have marriage cert. from Princess Anne that joins JACOMINE GREGORY to ROBERT GUN in 1846. Isaac G. Gregory acts as surety and Polly Gregory, mother of bride, gives permission. I believe this Isaac G. is her brother, and that Jacomine was also known as SARAH. Sarah (Gregory) Gunn and husband Robert GUNN died before 1860 in P.A. Co.. In 1860 census, two of their children, William Henry Gunn and Benjamin Gunn are seen with Gregory familes - William Henry with Dorris Gregory in P.A. CO and Benj with Dorris' son, Mark G. Gregory in PASQUATANK. So there's the Dorris Gregory line that's involved as well as who ever was Jacomine's father and mother Polly's husband. Help!!! Please!!!!

Re: Gregory line from Pasquatank and Camden, NC Counties to Princess Anne, VA

Posted: 14 Dec 2008 4:37PM GMT
Surnames: Gregory, Rogerson, Mullis, Peacock, Mathews
I am also researching the Gregory line from around that area. My ggg grandfather was Thomas Gregory married Leah Rogerson in 1815 in Perquirmans Co. NC. Do you know if there is a relation here. Thanks for any info you can help me with.

Lucy

Re: Gregory line from Pasquatank and Camden, NC Counties to Princess Anne, VA

Posted: 20 Jun 2013 2:57AM GMT
Edited: 20 Jun 2013 11:32AM GMT
I also am researching Gregorys from this area, specifically James Gregory b.1802 in Camden Co.He is on 1830 census with a family and then again on 1840 census, but is a widower apparently by 1850 in St Brides Parish Norfolk VA. with sons John G. b.1833, Jacob b. 1834, and William M. b.1835. Can't find wife's name or parent's names, or daughters. Please help if anyone has info as I am at a wall. Do know he married Elizabeth Beal in Shelby Co. TN in 1852 and had a son James Richard in VA in 1851 before going to AR where he had 5 more children. He was in Red River Co. TX in the 1870 census with his family,James Richard, Thomas Siler(Tank),Nathanul G.,Noah Anderson, Lovey Ann, and Isaac.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic