Search for content in message boards

Holts of Alamance County

Holts of Alamance County

Celeste (View posts)
Posted: 30 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HOLT
I am renewing my research on the Holts of Alamance County, more specifically descendants of Michael Holt (I) immigrant from Germany-Virginia-Orange County. Would love to hear from anyone with Holt History.

Holt - Gappens Connection

Celeste (View posts)
Posted: 31 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: HOLT, GAPPENS
There are so many Isaac Holts in the tree, could you narrow the time frame down and possibly give me some additional information that you may have???
Posted: 31 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 Mar 2004 3:57AM GMT
Surnames: HOLT, GAPPENS
Please let me know if you run into any connection of Isaac HOLT and Mary GAPPENS. They supposedly lived in the Haw River area.
Posted: 24 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 1 Aug 2002 12:43AM GMT
Surnames: Holt
I have an Issac Holt as married to Josephine Thompson. This is from the same time period as the above Issac Holt.

HOLT, Isaac

Posted: 24 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: HOLT, GAPPENS, LONG
My great grandmother was Harriet Isabelle HOLT born 15 January 1865, Alamance. Death records list parents as Isaac HOLT and Mary GAPPENS. She was first married to a GAPPENS, per her daughters dc, and then to a John William LONG, SR. Census records show a Harriet of the right age in the household of Mary GAPPENS but no Isaac HOLT. Is it possible that Isaac died and Mary remarried?

According to my grandmother's dc, Sallie Lillian GAPPENS b. 15 Feb. 1881, Burlington, Alamance, NC. Parents were W.H. GAPPENS and Harriet Isabelle HOLT.

Any help would be appreciated.

Michael Holt Line

Posted: 10 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 11 Oct 2002 4:07PM GMT
Hi,

I am from the Michael Holt line, from Germany to VA to Alamance Cty/Orange Cty. NC. I am very interested if you have any information regarding Sarah Holt daughter of John Holt and Sally Stephens. Also of Henry Holt, either Sarah's son born 1842 or John and Sally's son, born same year. Seems to be some discrepancies in whose child he actually is, and can find no listing of a father when noted as Sarah's son. If you can help at all, please email me. Thank you.

Holt/Gappins

Susan Wainwright (View posts)
Posted: 27 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Holt, Gappins
I am trying to find a link between my family.My G-Grandfather was Wlater Herny Holt. His father was a Henry Holt Possibly John Henry Holt. Mother was a Mary Ellen Gappins (B:13 March 1855 D: 21 February 1920)I loose site of the line here. Any possibility that they intersect? Thanks for the Help

Holt/Gappins

Susan Wainwright (View posts)
Posted: 27 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Holt, Gappins
I am looking to see if there is a possible link between my family and yours. My G-G-Grandmother was a Mary Ellen Gappins (Gappens).B:13 March 1853 D: 21 February 1920.Her death certificate states she was born in Alamance Co. Her father was only listed by the last name and Mother unknown. There is a question of her being adopted but there is no one alive that knows of any information. She later married John Henry Holt. Thanks for any help.

Holt Family

Posted: 28 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 11 Oct 2002 4:07PM GMT
Hi Susan,

My Henry Holt (b. abt. 1842) married Mary Ann Perry on 14 Feb. 1875. They Had 9 children of which one was my grandfather. I don't believe this line is connected at this point. Good Luck.

Holt - Gappens

Posted: 5 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Holt, Gappens, Long
There are several Marys listed on the census records for Alamance and Orange County. I do not have any information that will help you at this time, but most likely would believe that all those Gappens came through the same line as there are so few listed in any of the records. Holt and Gappens seem to be connected in several instances.

The only information that I have on Isaac Holt is that he is listed on my grandmother's death certificate as her father.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions