Search for content in message boards

Samuel Carman Hempstead 1697

Samuel Carman Hempstead 1697

Posted: 9 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Deed
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 5:48AM GMT
Surnames: Simpson, Pettit, Smith

Hempstead Town Records V:183

To all Christian people to whome these presents Shall Come or Any Wise Appertain Greeting know Yee that I John Simson of Cow Neck in the founds of Hempstead on Long Island alies Nausaw in Queens County in the province of New York Do byi these presents Give grant bargain Sell Alienate Release and Delever from me my heirs Executors Administraitors and SimSAssigns all my Right and Title on Cow Neck aforesaid that is my Now Dwelling House togather With all the Improvements thereunto and the Right of Land belonging to four gates of fence that is what Right of Land or other Advantages to the Said Samuel Carmon his heirs and Sucksessor Can Recover on the
Page 138
Said Neck by Virtue of the Right of four Gates of fence which Right of Land togather with the House and Appurtenances aforesaid I the Said John Simson do by the presents give grant bargain Sell Alinate Release and Delever from me my heirs and assigns unto the aforesaid Samuel Carmon to him hi heirs and Assigns to have and to hold forever free from any Sale Lease Mortgage or Intangelment byi me or any from by or under me all which is for and in Consideration of a Valuable Sum of Money in hand paid and Received in full Satisfaction before the Signing hereof and in Testimony of the premises I have hereunto Set my hand and fixed by Seal July the twentyeth Day in the year of our Lord Ano Domini 1697

Signed Sealed and Delevered

In the presence of us

JOSEPH PETTIT JOHN SIMSON (S)

JOSEPH SMITH

Enter'd and Compared with the Orriginal by

VALENTINE H. PETERS Clerk

Joshua Carman and Family; Dade County Land Records, etc.

Taleah Wilkinson (View posts)
Posted: 19 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Deed
Surnames: Carman, Medlin, Rodgers, Tabbutt
History of Dade County and Her People, Dade County, Missouri, Township 31, Range 27; first entries were made in 1840 by Johusa Carman, and others that was early settlers to Dade County, Missouri, which was made up from four different counties in 1845. Carman and others was the early settlers in what is now Dade County, this information was taken from the land records at the Dade County Courthouse in Greenfield, Mo.; and then put in a book of Dade County History called HISTORY OF DADE COUNTY AND HER PEOPLE. Johsua Carman came here it is believed from Kentucky according to the Dade County Census with his wife Susannah and their children, Lucinda b. 1820, who married Allen H. Medlin; James H. b. 1832 Ind.; Joshua T. who married Maricebly Jane Rodgers May 21, 1871; Elmina Eleanor b. 1811 Ky, m. John Harris; James H. married Vina Talbutt Nov. 16, 1882. Joshua Carman was himself born 1790 in Ky. but don't have a county, or town that he was born in. Susannah was born in 1791?, died before 1860, this is info. taken from family records, and Dade County Census, Dade County Marriage records and other Dade Co., Mo. books.

Re: Samuel Carman Hempstead 1697

Posted: 26 Oct 2006 5:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Carmon/Woolvin
I have a photo album of Mrs. Samuel Carmon, dated 21 Nov 1884 and in it is a photo of a Samuel Carmon and an Eliza Woolvin.

Any relation to Samuel Carmon of NY?

Jennifer
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions